Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just started our search and I think we are looking for a 12 seater 12 pass low roof (I personally prefer the med roof but my wife wants something she knows she can get in and out of parking garages with. I don’t care what the year is, looking for something with low mileage (under 50k). If anyone is getting ready to upgrade.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Let us know your location and what price range you are looking at for purchasing a LR T-350 LWB 12 passenger van. You might find a few from the rental fleets with the 12 passenger seating but most will have the 15 passenger seats.

A lot depends on what options you might want on it that will determine how hard it would be to find one. You might check off the list of options so you will not be looking at Transits that are not what you want.

3.5L EcoBoost or base 3.7L V-6 engine
Sliding Side Door or 60/40 Barn Doors
XL or XLT trim package
Exterior color(s) White would be the most common
Audio package, Base radio, CD radio, Navigation
Vinyl (XL), Cloth(XL & XLT) or Leather (XLT) seating material

This is just a few features you might want to choose so you would get the passenger van you want. The 12 passenger van is hard to find even though it is the base seating for the LWB van. The 15 passenger is the optional package with a $1495 MSRP added to the van when ordered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. We are not the most picky - also it looks like the 15 passenger with the rear seats removed would be an option as well.

looking for:
3.5 ecoboost
Sliding door
Exterior color - anything but white
cd radio or navigation

things that are not necessary that I would like:
Navigation
Tow hitch and wiring

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Not much luck looking through the Ford Pre-Owned dealer network for what you are wanting. If you decide to go with a NEW 2019 model, there are some GOOD selections around Matt Ford.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, it's a dually. Allows GVWR OF 10,300. I think it's just in the HD extended length. Not sure if it's available in other roof heights than the high roof. The dual tires make the Transit much more stable to drive without really losing any mpgs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts