Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I am confused - why does anyone want wheel well liners on a truck ? We used to take them all off our OHV vehicles they were a PITA. Can't see why anyone would want them on a van either... usually the first thing we take off our off overland vehicles if they come with them... mostly because they interfere with larger tires .
The vast majority of the vans are not driven off road and also run the stock tire size.
In my experience these are some of the advantages of having wheel well liners:
The strong case to order wheel well liners
For your use, it is nice that they are optional since there is a cost saving of not including them as standard.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The vast majority of the Transits here in the Southwest routinely hit the dirt roads so we can get away from the mobs. The Sprinter set is more into glamping or drive-up camping or whatever they call it. Staying in drive-in campgrounds with 500 of one's closest friends is not for most of us, but to each his own.

Here we call the adventure vans "overland vehicles" and most of us run larger wheel / tire combinations where the wheel well liners would do nothing but get in the way. Just seems like an un-necessary and laborious expense to me, even with stock tires and wheels - but that's why we have choices I guess. Other than Amazon and commercial vehicles - which there are literally thousands of - I've actually not seen any Transits used for travel here in AZ with stock tires & wheels. Personally I think the vans handle better with larger wheels & tires as well - not to mention look a lot better too.

We all use a pressure washer to keep our engine bays and wheel wells clean.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Other than Amazon and commercial vehicles - which there are literally thousands of -
That was exactly my point (I would speculate that over 90% of the vans sold). I am sure you have seen the photos of the holding lots at the KC factory posted on this site.

BTW - I'd guess that the highly cost conscious fleet vehicles buyers generally don't order the liners, which is probably why Ford makes them optional. You are just a side beneficiary of that marketing decision. Another exampled is cruise control and some safety features being an option (and in my experience shopping used, not frequently ordered). Not useful or wanted in a fleet vehicle or "OHV" vehicle. The cheapest penalty box cars have this stuff standard.
I'll bet the main market buyers for the Trait also prefers the lower cost of ownership of the smaller tires. How about the de-contenting of a lot of items and some of the improvements for 2021. You guessed it, commercial/fleet sales.

·
Registered
135 Posts
All makes sense. I don't use cruise control or any of that convenience stuff either, but heated seats sure would be nice.. lol ! Funny thing I thought I would hate the blind spot detection system (BLIS) but I just drove a Transit equipped with it and now wish mine had it.. :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
All makes sense. I don't use cruise control or any of that convenience stuff either, but heated seats sure would be nice.. lol ! Funny thing I thought I would hate the blind spot detection system (BLIS) but I just drove a Transit equipped with it and now wish mine had it.. :)
I was shocked and REALLY happy that heated cloth seats were an option. The odd thing was they knocked out the 9500 GVWR option. But if you got heated leather seats, then the higher capacity was available. I guess Ford thinks only the fancy people have more crap to cart around than simple folks. I'll probably be better off in terms of ride quality anyway, since I plan to keep the build weight down....famous last words.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. Anybody know the part numbers for the Lokari Wheel Well Liners for front and rear.
Their site shows compatibility going back to 2013/2015. I thought there where some
changes for 2020. ( 2020 cargo 350, 3.5 Ecoboost, not HD )
Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi. Anybody know the part numbers for the Lokari Wheel Well Liners for front and rear.
Their site shows compatibility going back to 2013/2015. I thought there where some
Thanks.
I will search for the emails between me and Lokari and get that for you. They assured me they were the same. Also, mine are being installed next week, I’ll follow up and post the results. I’ll try to get some pics too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks.
Here's a copy of my order for the 2020 Transit 350.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got the same part numbers back from Lokari for the front and rear covers.
They also confirmed 3 month delivery. Thanks for the info dmfcavu !

21 - 29 of 29 Posts