Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not being impressed with quality of the Ford fronts, I ordered a complete set from Lokari December 14th. Allegedly they shipped December 16th, but the last event in DHL (actually the German Post Office) says they're in Frankfurt. USPS tracking says they're being prepared for shipment in Frankfurt.

Apparently no way to trace with DHL Parcel in Germany. They don't speak or communicate in English and Lokari won't take action until DHL finishes their "investigation". So, two months and no liners. Trying not to drive in the winter to keep the wheel wells clean, but may have to give up on that soon.

Anyone find anything here for the rears?

DMF
2020 Transit AWD HR 350

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ordered a complete set from Lokari December 14th. Allegedly they shipped December 16th...
I bought some rear liners from Lokari in mid-November. They still haven't left Germany near as I can tell. Lokari can't even tell me where the product is. Lokari claims it's DHL's fault, won't cancel my order or refund my money.

Something has really broken there. I think Lokari has decided to just punt their north american customers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought some rear liners from Lokari in mid-November. They still haven't left Germany near as I can tell. Lokari can't even tell me where the product is. Lokari claims it's DHL's fault, won't cancel my order or refund my money.

Something has really broken there. I think Lokari has decided to just punt their north american customers.
Yep, that’s the type of response I’m getting. Not very encouraging hearing you’ve been waiting since November.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here’s my tracking...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
That is why I setup the contact information for forum member to contact Penda to see if they will get on the ball and make the rear wheel liners. I actually have a set of the Lokari rear wheel liners and made a effort to purchase a container of the front & rear ones from them and they would never give me a price with shipping them to the USA.

You might get back on the contact with Penda and with enough Transit buyers making contact, we may finally get the rear ones done to make the front ones. Penda makes the front ones for Ford and you can order them with the Transit or get them through the Ford Dealer Parts Department.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is why I setup the contact information for forum member to contact Penda to see if they will get on the ball and make the rear wheel liners. I actually have a set of the Lokari rear wheel liners and made a effort to purchase a container of the front & rear ones from them and they would never give me a price with shipping them to the USA.

You might get back on the contact with Penda and with enough Transit buyers making contact, we may finally get the rear ones done to make the front ones. Penda makes the front ones for Ford and you can order them with the Transit or get them through the Ford Dealer Parts Department.
Did that earlier. Got an out of office reply from Susan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well, here’s an interesting response -

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I had the adhesive test pads (Velcro strips) on the prototype rear wheel well liners back in 2017 when I was at Penda with my 2017 T-250 DSD cargo van. I tested them for a few months and the only area that was a problem was the passenger side rear wheel well as the extra dirt and water that is normally on that side of the van released the adhesive from the metal body panel. I told them by making the pads longer and molding a indention in the panel for the pads, it would keep the water and dirt from getting on the pad.

This was about the time when Penda was bought out by the holding company and they ceased all plans for the non-brand projects and this was one of those that was in the planning stage. The mold from Penda is a better type fit within the wheel well area that the one from Lokari and if Penda would just do some modification to the one I have from them, It would be able to be attached with the Velcro strips on the inside part of the wheel well and attached on the outer area with clips into the side trim with no problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So for whatever reason, rear-wheel liners are difficult to come by at best.

Given that, what is the best alternative? I'd like to minimize the buildup of mud and slush. Has anyone had experience with truck-bed liner, or some other approach?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I haven't tried it but LineX or some other bed liner would be a good alternative if applied properly. It's some tough stuff and can be reapplied if needed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amazing - my Lokari liners delivered yesterday, March 6. Ordered 12/14, shipped 12/16. Adding insult to injury, I paid to have the Ford front liners installed last week. Hate to say it, but it looks like the issue is the USPS. Look at this gap in tracking...

29B9C456-00FF-46F2-A9DE-F01A6EA8F6C3.png

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Amazing - my Lokari liners delivered yesterday, March 6. Ordered 12/14, shipped 12/16. Adding insult to injury, I paid to have the Ford front liners installed last week. Hate to say it, but it looks like the issue is the USPS. Look at this gap in tracking...

View attachment 148770
Or US Customs. Did you get a copy of commercial invoice to see how it was prepared?
How much was shipping cost?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$70 shipping. Haven’t looked at the commercial invoice since December.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
$70 shipping. Haven’t looked at the commercial invoice since December.
Thanks. Since I ordered the Ford front liners on my build, rear liners from shipped from Germany would be less that I paid for the front ones.

FYI - the reason I mentioned the commercial invoice is that I "self-imported" Scopema swivels from the UK with the help of my brother. It took me forever to figure out if I might end up with any glitches in customs. What I learned was that, for personal use there is an $800 daily de minimus allowance for individuals to import duty free. I noted de minimus import on my commercial invoice and had no customs issues. Who knows if that helped or not, but it did not hurt. I suspect that customs inspections are 99.9999% data driven and the shipment moved right through due to fact that the to and from addresses were residential with no regular import history (and the residents have no criminal history!) One of the copies of the paperwork was pulled, probably for data entry.

I suppose if I wanted the de minimus notation on the invoice from Lokari I'd need my friends in Germany to communicate with them, probably to no effect, because it's not in their procedure and typically rules are strongly followed very strongly in their culture.

·
Registered
640 Posts
For reference I also ordered 2 seat swivels from the UK didn't even worry about customs, mine took 5 days, others reported 3 days, DHL, IIRC shipping was $80

·
Registered
204 Posts

View attachment 148770
If those were the rear liners for non dually wheels, can you share install details? Did it come with mounting hardware / part number

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If those were the rear liners for non dually wheels, can you share install details? Did it come with mounting hardware / part number
They're for a SRW Transit. Lokari has some pretty lame install instructions, but overall not too difficult. The only thing I wasn't excited about was sheet metal screws breaking new metal. However, I just had it undercoated/rust proofed by Ziebart and my shop says they'll make certain all screws will be either covered with heavy grease or a good amount of silicone sealant. The liners are definitely stouter than Ford's and I'm going to have the shop remove the Ford version I installed in the front. After the new set is in, it goes back to Ziebart to have the new liners covered in undercoat. There are screw and clips, I'll take some pics later and post them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Amazing - my Lokari liners delivered yesterday, March 6. Ordered 12/14, shipped 12/16.
My Lokari liners arrived today, March 12. Ordered mid-Nov. About four months from order to delivery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As frustrating as this delivery issue was, I think Lokari did all they could do. They shipped promptly, and DHL Parcel (which is the German Post) moved it to the departure city. I think our USPS is really hosed up on this class of shipping.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am confused - why does anyone want wheel well liners on a truck ? We used to take them all off our OHV vehicles they were a PITA. Can't see why anyone would want them on a van either... usually the first thing we take off our off overland vehicles if they come with them... mostly because they interfere with larger tires .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts