Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through post and couldn't find an answer. One day my Fob stopped working. changed battery...nothing. the locks only work when the power is on and for up to 5 minutes after then nothing. I have to use a key to get in and if I have to open side or back doors I have to turn the Van on. Anyone come across this... also have no Idea what fuse to look for if it is a fuse and dealer says that it would be diagnostic which could be hundreds of dollars. 2017 Transit 250

·
Registered
2019 HR Cargo Oxford White 148 wb 3.7L
889 Posts
Fuse #39 (7.5 amp) in the AJB Auxiliary Junction Box is for the (RF) receiver, AJB is behind the dash on the drivers side as shown in photo. thats all I got, you can buy used copies of the wiring diagrams for $20.

Rectangle Font Wood Material property Parallel
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Office equipment
Font Rectangle Parallel Paper Document
Font Plant Tree Publication Pattern

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was working perfectly fine. Had my tires changed and the low tire sensor had to be turned off. the next day the remote didn't work. I asked the dealer if somehow the tire sensor could make the lock remote stop working, he said no. then I noticed a day or two later that the power lock wouldn't open or lock any door when the van was off for a while, so I couldn't get in the back. then I was driving and tried the locks again and they worked. stopped the van and they worked with the key out. after lets say 10 minutes the locks didn't work again unless I turned the ignition key to power where everything works. In the morning if I have to get in the back I have to turn the ignition to power not auxiliary. still doesn't read my fob(s) either. very strange

·
Registered
784 Posts
Two separate things. The doors not unlocking from the buttons on the inside of the door is a security feature all transits vans cargo have. If someone breaks into a contractors van through the front windows because the van is a contractors van and doesn’t have any rear windows and it has the security partition behind the front seats then you wouldn’t want the thieves to be able to press the unlock button on the drivers door then have access to the tools in the back. I believe the lock button still works.

The keys wireless locking and the tpms sensors use the same 433 MHz receiver above the front headliner. If the tpms still works and none of the keys remotes unlock or lock then it’s probably a problem with the key initialization. I think the procedure to relearn the keys is to cycle the ignition from off to on 8 times then hit the brake pedal or something like that. They may have done that by mistake and cleared out the key memory instead of the procedure to relearn the tire position which is something like turn ignition on then press the emergency flasher button 6 times then press the unlock button on each key.
I don’t remember what the exact procedures are I do them twice a year and have to look them up each time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So the antenna for the Fob/tire sensor was unplugged? or they reprogrammed the BCM to disable it?
the low tire pressure light was on. I got new tires and they turned the light off. I don't know how they did it. plus alignment. They said what they did wouldn't affect it and told me some technical stuff that I have no idea what he was talking about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the low tire pressure light was on. I got new tires and they turned the light off. I don't know how they did it. plus alignment. They said what they did wouldn't affect it and told me some technical stuff that I have no idea what he was talking about.
same fob and my other one doesn't work either that did work before

·
Registered
14 Posts
This may not be related but: Had my winter tire removed and summer tires put on. The TPM was reset and on leaving the tire store the radio and whole center dash stopped working. When straight to Ford dealer, not only clueless but said they could not even look into it for a month. On this forum, I found a related problem that was solved by disconnecting the battery under the seat for a minute and reconnecting, this solved the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This may not be related but: Had my winter tire removed and summer tires put on. The TPM was reset and on leaving the tire store the radio and whole center dash stopped working. When straight to Ford dealer, not only clueless but said they could not even look into it for a month. On this forum, I found a related problem that was solved by disconnecting the battery under the seat for a minute and reconnecting, this solved the problem.
Anything is worth a try. thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Two separate things. The doors not unlocking from the buttons on the inside of the door is a security feature all transits vans cargo have. If someone breaks into a contractors van through the front windows because the van is a contractors van and doesn’t have any rear windows and it has the security partition behind the front seats then you wouldn’t want the thieves to be able to press the unlock button on the drivers door then have access to the tools in the back. I believe the lock button still works.

The keys wireless locking and the tpms sensors use the same 433 MHz receiver above the front headliner. If the tpms still works and none of the keys remotes unlock or lock then it’s probably a problem with the key initialization. I think the procedure to relearn the keys is to cycle the ignition from off to on 8 times then hit the brake pedal or something like that. They may have done that by mistake and cleared out the key memory instead of the procedure to relearn the tire position which is something like turn ignition on then press the emergency flasher button 6 times then press the unlock button on each key.
I don’t remember what the exact procedures are I do them twice a year and have to look them up each time.
the key on and off did something. the bell rang like the key in the ignition when you open the door and the hazard said something like check left tire.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts