Ford Transit USA Forum banner

List of Camper Van Builds (Old)

16K views 68 replies 19 participants last post by  ranxerox 
#1 · (Edited)
Started a new thread here with each list split into separate posts since a single post with all the lists would exceed the 50,000 per post character limit.

#52 ·
Probably the best door disassembly page on the forum, I do not think he has a build page.

#59 ·
Here is one more for the list.

#60 ·
And one more:

#62 ·
So good news: I've got a large update with about 50 Transit camper van builds I've found on Outdoorsy. Not only are there some interesting builds, but I thought it might be useful for members would like to rent a Transit camper before they buy or begin designing their own.

Bad news: The list now bumps up against the 50k character post limit so I can't actually post it.

@asdrew, @GapRunr, is there a way around this? I could split the sections of the table into separate posts, but it would be kinda weird to have one table at the beginning of the thread and others at the end (and eventually in the middle of the thread). Can I insert a post at the beginning?

#63 ·
You could upload the file to a file share host and link it here. An easier solution is to save the document in PDF format, and attach the PDF file to a post. Some browsers will automatically display the contents of the PDF file in the browser window. Those that don't can always double click on it.

#64 ·
Okay. Since the table had bumped up against the 50k per post character limit, the list is now in PDF form attached in the original post.

I made a couple of significant changes. Besides adding a few build threads and pro builds I found, there is not a list of Transit Camper van rentals all on Outdoorsy (for now). Not only does Outdoorsy have some interesting builds with pics, if you're considering buying or building a Transit camper van you may want to rent one of these to get an idea of what it's like (and maybe figure out what you do and don't like in a build).

#65 ·
Hey @DANNER, awesome list! I think we are in very similar stages of our van planning. No van yet, just dreams and planning. I’m also exploring the sit/sleep four with a garage of some sorts. I’ve got two boys (4 and 6) I want to take to see all the national parks for two years.

Curious what your thoughts are on your two-bed layout? I’ve thought about doing something with linear actuators and dropping a bed that’s lifted to the ceiling over the kitchen/seating area with a platform bed in the back. I thought with the HR Transit, I could got a 5” mattress on a 1” 80/20 frame with about an additional 1-2” of insulation/finishing and still come in around that 6’ mark underneath.

Closest I’ve seen to this concept is a Sprinter with the Happijac in the back, but that was too low to stand comfortably under.

#69 ·
Another forum build page.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.