Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I figure out if I have a limited slip rear diffy?
I can't find my window sticker, I tried looking up my VIN but no dice,
I know I can jack up the van and spin the tires but that is not an option for me as I only have rhino ramps for oil changes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Roger tranquility base. Donuts are no longer a thing. (the 'rex' doesn't mean WRX does it......?)

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's on the door sticker. Sent you a PM
I Have a 2018 350 Ford Transit HD DRW, but it doesn't have the LSD. How much would it cost to upgrade to that set-up. I would probably have to have a dealer do this or my warranty would be voided. Also, I love your van and I'm plan a conversion, any pic's of what your's looks like?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I Have a 2018 350 Ford Transit HD DRW, but it doesn't have the LSD. How much would it cost to upgrade to that set-up. I would probably have to have a dealer do this or my warranty would be voided. Also, I love your van and I'm plan a conversion, any pic's of what your's looks like?
I don't think many people will recommend having a dealer install a LSD after the fact, this is something they rarely do, and the install takes a certain amount of finesse to align everything correctly. Also the Ford OEM LSD is a clutch style system that is not as bullet proof as the aftermarket Eaton True Trackers, and will wear out over time. Get an Eaton installed at a shop the specializes in transmission and differential related work, this is something they do all the time. The part costs around $600 and with labor it should bring the total price to the $1000-1600 range.

This is something I planned to do at Quadvan in Portland, but then I looked at my door sticker and realized I already have the OEM LSD with 3.73 gears. Since it was not listed on my original window sticker I figured I didn't have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts