Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Lift Spring or Lift Spacer kit for the Front? 2WD

294 13
Is there a kit for the front that is an easy swap?

I see all of these kits that cost big money when all that is needed is a longer spring or a spacer to raise the front.

I saw a set of lift springs and they are $400. To me that is way too much when Ford F-150's have front and rear lift kits for that much. I know that isn't apples to apples but still, the Transit aftermarket is way overpriced and severely limited.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Is there a kit for the front that is an easy swap?

I see all of these kits that cost big money when all that is needed is a longer spring or a spacer to raise the front.

I saw a set of lift springs and they are $400. To me that is way too much when Ford F-150's have front and rear lift kits for that much. I know that isn't apples to apples but still, the Transit aftermarket is way overpriced and severely limited.
vancompass.com If you can find something less expensive than what they have to offer, do let me know.

Reactions: Chillis

·
Registered
2018 130" 3.5 EB
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to throw a spring on when putting on a set of B6 struts.

All the extra stuff and high cost seems very excessive.

Maybe I should contact a spring company like Eibach directly and see if they have something that fits the bill.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just want to throw a spring on when putting on a set of B6 struts.

All the extra stuff and high cost seems very excessive.

Maybe I should contact a spring company like Eibach directly and see if they have something that fits the bill.
You want to level the van?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm thinking slight lift without throwing off geometry.
I tried the Eibach site and worthless. Gotta call Monday. Please keep me posted as to what you find out there-Doug
btw....I see on the Quigley site that they now offer a 2" lift for 2WD aside from their 4X4 stuff. Kit? ?

·
Registered
2018 130" 3.5 EB
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Van Compass lift springs are $225.

That and the B6 should be 1.5" of lift.

I'd want something out back to match the front and use the shock mount kit as well because I keep hitting those on rocks while off-roading.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Haven't we read herein about relocating those rear shock mounts in order to provide clearance obtained only by increased tire diameter? Most likely used in unison with a rear lift I bet too in order to provide the shock a full range.

·
Registered
2018 130" 3.5 EB
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't we read herein about relocating those rear shock mounts in order to provide clearance obtained only by increased tire diameter? Most likely used in unison with a rear lift I bet too in order to provide the shock a full range.
I definitely need shock clearance. I'll add a rear lift in conjunction with the shock relocation brackets.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
2018 130" 3.5 EB
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool. Do boast with a pic when done. (y) With the spring providing a 1-1.25" & strut spacer an additional .75" for a 2-2.25" lift, are the B6's worth the additional .75", for an overall 3" as I read it. Need struts too?
btw...VAN COMPASS‚Ñ¢ FORD TRANSIT REAR HIGH CLEARANCE SHOCK EXTENSION BRACKETS – Van Compass™
The springs are supposed to be 1.25" and their camber plate is .75" for the 2" lift.

I'm just using the spring and B6 struts so maybe just shy of 2" of lift.

I'm comparing rear lift blocks as well to level it.

The Transit specific models are overpriced, IMO, and I'm looking at 1.5" lift blocks. Just need to see the Transit u-bolt arrangement.

The Transit lift blocks are the same as the Nissan NV3500, Chevy big vans, and Ford E-series.

E-Series cross reference to Ford F-250 and 350.

Many reasonable priced options when you shop for the other models.

·
Registered
2018 130" 3.5 EB
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Getting closer to lifted. Springs arrive tomorrow. Maybe have them installed Friday. Still need to choose a rear lift block kit. 1.5" or 2" and then shock relocation brackets.

After that re-gear and maybe a True Trac and bigger tires.

Tool Pruning shears Shipping box Hand tool Gas

·
Registered
2018 130" 3.5 EB
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gas Human leg Electric blue Plant Cone

To me it doesn't look like a lot of compression needed on the spring to get it bolted up.

I'll need to reuse the original strut mount with the new bearing.

Are there any rubber dampers that the springs sit in on the strut body?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts