Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 148" WB AWD Ecoboost Long HR CrewVan being built next week and so far have most higher end options added.
The few options I don't have but am considering before its built are:
-10 way power seats
- dual batteries
-fog lights
-extended running boards
Are any of these options a must have that I'll totally regret not adding up front. Please convince we if so. I'm totally open to making changes still.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
2017, cargo, 130inch, mr, dbl sliders, 3.2 dsl, 3.31 rear end, used 13.5k mi.
22 Posts
OMG, OMG! Should double sliding doors be an option, please order. The life-long convenience (depending on the projected use) is inestimable...ingress/egress, ventilation, visual when in motion or stationary (think beach shennanigans with intoxicated friends-or enemies), transport of stuff....

·
Registered
22 Posts
P.s. if you order dbl doors and do not like it, I promise to purchase it from you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
P.p.s.s. May I select the colour, please? LIghtest one to reflect solar "oven-like" effect of the exposed rectangular solid, and not white privilege.

·
Registered
452 Posts
OMG, OMG! Should double sliding doors be an option, please order. The life-long convenience (depending on the projected use) is inestimable...ingress/egress, ventilation, visual when in motion or stationary (think beach shennanigans with intoxicated friends-or enemies), transport of stuff....

·
Registered
390 Posts
The dual alternator setup will include the dual batteries. I consider it a must have for off use camping and it is very hard to add.

With the dual alternators, there is enough power to run an RV air conditioner in the rear if you want to and skip the factory rear air. It depends again on your area. If you need the rear a/c right away, then probably get it that way.

Fog lights - depends on your area. We get some fog here but it is seasonal and burns off quickly.

I am helping a friend with roof rails and solar panels. Her van has the standard running boards and she added an extended running board to make it easier to get in and out. Now she is planning to remove the standard running board because with the two of them, it just makes it more difficult to put your foot on and get in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 148" WB AWD Ecoboost Long HR CrewVan being built next week.....

I'm totally open to making changes still.
Being built next week? I haven't heard of anyone being able to make changes at this late stage. Your VIN was probably assigned over a month ago and once it is, no changes can be made. My build date is later this week and I was locked in with a VIN in early June.

But it is 2020 so I guess anything is possible.

·
Registered
244 Posts
For the driver I think the power seat is worth it. Not for the passenger though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered my van with 10-way power seats, dual batteries, fog lights, extended running boards, Dual alternators, aux fuse panel. It sounds like the seats are totally worth it. Trying to cut costs I went with steel wheels and no adaptive cruise control. I have a VIN number assigned and build date and don't think I can make any changes now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are any of these options must haves? I did already equip the adaptive cruise control.
-10 way power seats
- dual batteries
-fog lights
-extended running boards
10 way comfy seats that swivel are the cat's meow so to speak. If budget allows, how could one regret? Fog lights-exterior driving night enhancement always appreciated as any sighted person can attest to. To convince yourself, while driving at night albeit in a safe place, just close your eyes and count to ten, then open and one will be convinced as to the benefit of using the sense of sight to it's maximal benefit.
Running boards-I observed US Postal vehicles-both transit vans and promaster vans-in downtown Seattle, WA, USA. The running boards installed on both are USA fabricated, quite rugged appearing, made by LUVERNE. Had full length both sides installed and they will probably last longer than my van. The double sliding doors with tough as can be running boards allows three dufous friends to ride standing up on them (driver's side and passenger side, simultaneously) for beach travel or city protesting. Cool and law enforcement seems to give me a pass or at worst just a hairy eyeball.
dual batts-I cannot comment too much. My predilection for stored energy is out of the ordinary. In a 130in minivan with MR...dual starter batts are present, plus 4 100amp LiFePO4 batts, plus about a dozen other rechargeable batts
so, do not trust my judgement.
Oh, and double sliding doors must also be on the build list is possible

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
I have a 148" WB AWD Ecoboost Long HR CrewVan being built next week and so far have most higher end options added.
The few options I don't have but am considering before its built are:
-10 way power seats
- dual batteries
-fog lights
-extended running boards
Are any of these options a must have that I'll totally regret not adding up front. Please convince we if so. I'm totally open to making changes still.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
10 way comfy seats that swivel are the cat's meow so to speak. If budget allows, how could one regret? Fog lights-exterior driving night enhancement always appreciated as any sighted person can attest to. To convince yourself, while driving at night albeit in a safe place, just close your eyes and count to ten, then open and one will be convinced as to the benefit of using the sense of sight to it's maximal benefit.
Running boards-I observed US Postal vehicles-both transit vans and promaster vans-in downtown Seattle, WA, USA. The running boards installed on both are USA fabricated, quite rugged appearing, made by LUVERNE. Had full length both sides installed and they will probably last longer than my van. The double sliding doors with tough as can be running boards allows three dufous friends to ride standing up on them (driver's side and passenger side, simultaneously) for beach travel or city protesting. Cool and law enforcement seems to give me a pass or at worst just a hairy eyeball.
dual batts-I cannot comment too much. My predilection for stored energy is out of the ordinary. In a 130in minivan with MR...dual starter batts are present, plus 4 100amp LiFePO4 batts, plus about a dozen other rechargeable batts
so, do not trust my judgement.
Oh, and double sliding doors must also be on the build list is possible
When I ordered my Van Jan 2020, you could not get the 10 way leatheret with the swivel option. The electric motor and heated seat capability gets in the way of the swivel capability. They may have fixed that since Jan 2020.
As for your question about must have that depends on what you intend to use it for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts