Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got with my contact for the Ford Transit Brand Group and they are shutting off stock orders for ALL gas models other than the Transit Trail model and the 'E' Transit. They had shut off orders for the CrewVan on 1/16/23 as they were at the point of having all of the parts ordered for those vehicles.

There is not a assigned final date for the Transit Trail or the 'E' Transit yet but the time is getting close. I am asking them if they have a date range for the cutoff on those models. At this point, we can still do Retail Customer orders for the Transit Trail models.

· Registered
On Order 2023 Transit 350 Avalanche 148" Wheelbase with Medium Roof
112 Posts
Just got with my contact for the Ford Transit Brand Group and they are shutting off stock orders for ALL gas models other than the Transit Trail model and the 'E' Transit. They had shut off orders for the CrewVan on 1/16/23 as they were at the point of having all of the parts ordered for those vehicles.

There is not a assigned final date for the Transit Trail or the 'E' Transit yet but the time is getting close. I am asking them if they have a date range for the cutoff on those models. At this point, we can still do Retail Customer orders for the Transit Trail models.
This doesn't sound good.

· Registered
32 Posts

Sounds like Ford is going all-in on the Transit Trail model. Wonder how many will be part of the first batch. Makes it seem like they want to pump out a lot of them if they’re still accepting orders past the date for all other models.

· Registered
3 Posts

Does this mean that the 2024 model of the Ford Transit won't be offering a gas model?

· Registered
2019 Ford Transit 148" low roof wagon RTT
10 Posts
Not sure if this is the best place for this question but thought I would throw it out there knowing CrewVanManInfo started this and may have some insights. Our original order was in Dec. 2021. We were canceled and got the ford $6k offer and reordered. On 1/19/23 we finally got a build date for 3/6. I checked the portal site they emailed us once we got a vin and build date now and again to see if we got bumped and was excited to see our build date got moved up to 2/25. When I checked again tonight I can see they updated the page today and we no longer have a build date at all! Our order is a 148" mid roof crew (W2D). We had given up on it ever getting built and were planning to just put a pop-top on our 2019 low roof passenger van and got on the schedule of a local up fitter to get a top before summer--excited by getting an actual build date I contacted them to ensure we could get the top on this new van instead and confirmed we could and we started making plans to sell our 2019. Now I'm not sure what we should do. Anyone else have a similar experience or any insights? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2019 Ford Transit 148" low roof wagon RTT
10 Posts
Thank you for the reply. There are two outfits that do pop tops on both crew and passenger vans that I am aware of that do not interfere with the airbags. CCV and GTRV both do pop tops on them. I've been in contact with both of them specifically on that issue. We are going with GTRV as they are closer to us. I brought our passenger van into them to confirm this and also confirmed with them that they can do it on the crew van we ordered should that van get built.

Do you by chance have any insights on getting a build date scheduled then having it pulled? I've heard of people having the build dates moved around but haven't read anything yet of having it just completely removed from the portal.

· Registered
11 Posts
Do you by chance have any insights on getting a build date scheduled then having it pulled? I've heard of people having the build dates moved around but haven't read anything yet of having it just completely removed from the portal.
Like yours, my build date disappeared on Ford's order tracking status page. Mine was 3/13 then 3/20, and now who knows when.

I'm hoping it got moved to an earlier date and Ford's tracking isn't programmed properly for that scenario.

· Registered
11 Posts
I talked to my dealer today and his now says scheduled to week of March 27th. Mine is still blank when I check. :unsure:
I received an email stating that mine is now scheduled for the week of April 3 yet no date shows on the tracking status web page. Also, that web page notes my order was last updated 1/27, and yesterday, when I received the email, is 2/7. Maybe the lag time is due to the brutal cold in the northeast wirh the interweb's electrons choosing to hunker down in Florida.

Ignoring Ford's failure to build vans in a timely manner, it's apparent they have similar problems programming/maintaining a rudimentary web page that a high school student could do. At least they are consistently feckless.

· Registered
3 Posts
Have you been receiving 45 day email updates from Ford? If not, you might want to call your dealer to find out why.
Hi,
Sorry, I try to forget that I have received 7 45 day emails all identical. I dislike getting them because they bring out a negative reaction from me!. Thank you for checking. I guess that means I really do have one on order.

Ironically, Jim Farley came to the ski area that is four miles from my house this past weekend. Someday I should try to ask him if he is aware of the "Long Wait" most Transit buyers are facing...
Andy

· Registered
3 Posts
We ordered our 148 High roof AWD in November 2021. it was 'balanced out'. Polite way of saying not going to be built. CVM recommended putting in a new order for a 2023. Boom, picked it up a couple months later. I'm not 100% positive but if you're waiting on a 22 order I think you're SOL.

· Registered
3 Posts
Actually I am waiting for a 2023 order placed on June 2 , 2022.
NEWS FLASH. I actually got an email from Ford and my van is supposed to be built the week of April 17th, 2023.
The good news arrived after 9 months and one day of waiting. We hope that the schedule holds and that the shipping goes smoothly. we have a friend who waited six weeks plus for s finished Bronco to go from southern Michigan, where it was built, to the dealership in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan....
Andy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts