Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
274 Posts
I make these as well, and was just discussing these on a thread in the FB group. I designed my own and tapped them 5/16-18. I've added a "tie down" spot as I typically strap our box of snacks to the passenger seat on road trips. I also use a keeper strap in there and the kids use it as a handle to get in. The 1/4" is sturdy and I haven't had any issues just using two bolts. I black anodized them as well. I installed on top of the trim in a passenger van.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Automotive tire Bicycle Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame
Grey Asphalt Road surface Rectangle Composite material

·
Registered
2020 350 XLT AWD LR 148" 3.5L Eco
193 Posts
I make these as well, and was just discussing these on a thread in the FB group. I designed my own and tapped them 5/16-18. I've added a "tie down" spot as I typically strap our box of snacks to the passenger seat on road trips. I also use a keeper strap in there and the kids use it as a handle to get in. The 1/4" is sturdy and I haven't had any issues just using two bolts. I black anodized them as well. I installed on top of the trim in a passenger van.
View attachment 172720
View attachment 172716 View attachment 172718
@Knarfly, I am considering order this from your store...did you need to take off the trim to mark it first or did you measure on the trim itself to drill the hole?

Also, I am considering your other seat bracket Lagun mounting kit as an alternative. For this kit, do you need to drill holes into the seat legs for the brackets to be installed?

·
Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
274 Posts
@Knarfly, I am considering order this from your store...did you need to take off the trim to mark it first or did you measure on the trim itself to drill the hole?

Also, I am considering your other seat bracket Lagun mounting kit as an alternative. For this kit, do you need to drill holes into the seat legs for the brackets to be installed?
Unfortunately you need to take off the trim to measure first.

For the seat mount bracket you don’t need to drill any holes it uses the holes that are already available on the stock seat legs! Comes with everything but the extrusion, and tnuts to mount the extrusion to the brackets.

·
Registered
2022 T350HD #11000 Avalanche Gray
759 Posts
Unfortunately you need to take off the trim to measure first.

For the seat mount bracket you don’t need to drill any holes it uses the holes that are already available on the stock seat legs! Comes with everything but the extrusion, and tnuts to mount the extrusion to the brackets.
I was on your site to order the table mount in black and they are out of stock, any idea when you will have hem again. Also was looking at the L-Track mount and that one cannot be added to the cart for some reason, error message tells me to select an item first.

·
Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
274 Posts
@Knarfly On your site you mention some may want spacers. Will this sit flush without the plastic trim?
Yes it sits flush without the plastic trim. The spacers would only be for if you wanted it behind the trim.

·
Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
274 Posts
I was on your site to order the table mount in black and they are out of stock, any idea when you will have hem again. Also was looking at the L-Track mount and that one cannot be added to the cart for some reason, error message tells me to select an item first.
Should be 2 weeks on black being back in stock at the moment. If you signed up to be notified it should send you an email.

Thanks for letting me know! I have it fixed now.

·
Registered
2022 T350HD #11000 Avalanche Gray
759 Posts
Should be 2 weeks on black being back in stock at the moment. If you signed up to be notified it should send you an email.

Thanks for letting me know! I have it fixed now.
Thank you. Yes signed up

·
Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
274 Posts
@Knarfly I just purchased your Lagun mount… I’ll be installing on a crew van. Can you advise on what size spacer is needed behind the plastic pillar trim. Thanks for your time!
Thank you! It depends a bit on how you want to install it. You can install flush to the metal and cut a slot in the trim for the bracket to protrude out of the side. In that case you wouldn't need a spacer. If you're doing two holes with a spacer behind the trim, you can use ~.25-.375", you're just trying not to compress the trim as much. You can also drill a larger diameter hole and a little bit thicker spacer so it stands off to the outside of the trim. I have mine installed over the trim with no spacer, and while it does compress it some, it hasn't been an issue.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts