Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 T350 HR ext 3.5EB
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order the below. Any last thoughts on what you wish was different for your bracket that you may have used?
I am thinking 3/16" should be plenty, no? or 1/4" better.
I know @gregoryx yours is 1/4", no?

Any other recommendations or features you wish you had?

Gesture Rectangle Automotive exterior Wood Font

·
Registered
2020 T350 HR ext 3.5EB
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one i bought (off someone on etsy) the issue is you can’t move the seat all the way back
that’s a good point, I’ll look at that tomorrow. Maybe I’ll add an offset to the bracket.

and then. Do you feel tire bracket Is sturdy enough with just the 2 bolts connected?
Could you confirm how thick the bracket is as well?
Thanks again for your input

i like the clean install by the way

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
3,981 Posts
I am about to order the below. Any last thoughts on what you wish was different for your bracket that you may have used?
I am thinking 3/16" should be plenty, no? or 1/4" better.
I know @gregoryx yours is 1/4", no?

Any other recommendations or features you wish you had?
Not sure the measurements on your design. Finally measured ours. 5-1/2" wide, about 20" high. Just enough to hit the upper bolt hole. Doesn't look like the lower little angle piece we added helps any. I would not expect this design to be similar to a 2-bolt that doesn't use the lower big bolt; I'd expect this to far more solid. I don't have a comparison, of course, but this setup in 1/4" aluminum is really, really solid. I can't think of any reason to use 3/16" versus 1/4".

Can't tell from your drawing, but ours is even width from the top of the bracket down. And the seat goes all the way back without touching - even with it reclined all the way. It is completely unobtrusive with the leg OFF of it and barely intrusive with the leg ON. We have another table-mount on the shower; so if the shower is in, the leg is on that side of the van; if no shower, it's mounted here.

Automotive tire Plant Fixture Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Gas Composite material Wood Machine Metal

·
Registered
2020 T350 HR ext 3.5EB
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you @gregoryx
That’s really helpful input. I have pretty much the same dimensions.

I’ll order one and see how it worked out.
If somebody else in SoCal wants one, let me know, they give a good discount at 2+ and then 5+ brackets ;-)))

·
Registered
2020 AWD 350 High Roof, Long Body
278 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but also curious where you folks store your table top when not in use. I'm scratching my head right now trying to figure out where in my build to store the **** top as it has a giant protrusion due to the Lagun mount.

·
Registered
2020 T350 HR ext 3.5EB
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to hijack the thread, but also curious where you folks store your table top when not in use. I'm scratching my head right now trying to figure out where in my build to store the **** top as it has a giant protrusion due to the Lagun mount.
I haven’t tried it yet but can’t you separate the arm from the table?

i was planning to store it behind third row, since the seats recline there is a gap to cabinets where we store a bunch of flat stuff.

what’s worse is the zero breeze I just got, that thing is bulkier then I thought, ha

·
Registered
278 Posts
I haven’t tried it yet but can’t you separate the arm from the table?

i was planning to store it behind third row, since the seats recline there is a gap to cabinets where we store a bunch of flat stuff.

what’s worse is the zero breeze I just got, that thing is bulkier then I thought, ha
Sure, you can separate it but you're still left with the giant mounting plate.

·
Registered
2020 T350 HR ext 3.5EB
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see what you mean. I am planning to make mine folding.
It'll be like a side table next to the second row --> then fold out for the kid sitting there as a table and then fold back for the kid in the third row with another fold.
Let's see if it pans out that way, haha

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
3,981 Posts
Two locations for us: one sits in a space near the rear windows with the table leaning against the metal divider; the other is just behind the driver's seat. Both work fine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Two locations for us: one sits in a space near the rear windows with the table leaning against the metal divider; the other is just behind the driver's seat. Both work fine.
Got any pics of it behind the seat? I'm contemplating just having it always mounted and just pushing it out of the way but would definitely prefer if I could hide it away somehow.

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Carbonized Grey
92 Posts
I designed one too, but didn't want to try to use the floor hole location - as this will be covered up by our AVCrig floor.

.187" thickness felt a bit too thin, I ended up with .250" which is quite sturdy. I also had the holes tapped, to try to avoid nuts sticking out in the rear of the Lagun mount.

My prototype was a bit too wide to fit full recessed, the next version will be powered coated (black matte) and a bit skinner on the pillar mounting portion (I'll probably have a few extras if folks are interested).

I would like to find better bolts that fit a bit more recessed into the countersink, the ones I ended up with are just a bit too wide.

Vehicle door Fixture Automotive exterior Gas Gadget

Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget Grey

·
Registered
2020 T350 HR ext 3.5EB
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I designed one too, but didn't want to try to use the floor hole location - as this will be covered up by our AVCrig floor.

.187" thickness felt a bit too thin, I ended up with .250" which is quite sturdy. I also had the holes tapped, to try to avoid nuts sticking out in the rear of the Lagun mount.]
Do you feel comfortable with the 2x bolts at the Pillar? I was concerned about it possibly flopping around a bit and that 3rd bolt on the bottom would give me more structure but then I have no idea If that’s needed or not

·
Registered
251 Posts
I installed both our tables (driver + passenger) simply with 1/2" baltic birch and 2 bolts on B pillar. The bolts really tighten the brackets up against the pillar nicely. Not necessarily planning on this being the permanent installation, but it has worked great so far and we have taking several trips with them. Haven't experienced any sturdiness issues, but we are not rough with them either. The reality is that we don't leave the tables installed for extended periods of time.

Land vehicle Plant Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Carbonized Grey
92 Posts
Ya, I've heard at least one other person mention needing a 3rd bolt to make it less floppy. I'm hoping that a more thick mounting plate will help, time will tell - it's not too much effort to "print" a revision. The challenge with the floor 3rd bolt position is it's not flush (at least in my van) with the other holes, thus I'd need some spacers and/or bend the plate.

Do you feel comfortable with the 2x bolts at the Pillar? I was concerned about it possibly flopping around a bit and that 3rd bolt on the bottom would give me more structure but then I have no idea If that’s needed or not

·
Registered
2020 T350 HR ext 3.5EB
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The challenge with the floor 3rd bolt position is it's not flush (at least in my van) with the other holes, thus I'd need some spacers and/or bend the plate.
After 16.375Nm tightening torque it felt flush-ish enough. Haha

3 weeks Of driving across country with 4 kids and a elaborately folding Lagun table (serving 2 kids in separate rows!!!!) will tell me if sturdy or not.
If I survive that trip I’ll report back

1 - 20 of 33 Posts