Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this in my build thread, but am moving it here with more detail for anyone looking to do something similar.

Below is detail on how to mount a Lagun table to the driver pedestal. The mount goes between the parking brake and pedestal and doesn't require any major modifications. The only permanent modification I made was the addition of a hole in the rear of the pedestal. The mount will of course push the parking brake out by the thickness of the metal used, but in my case, it didn't affect the function of the brake or the plastic shroud that goes around it. I used 3/16" steel.

The seat extends fully back if the table isn't mounted, but with the upright from the table in place, the seat hits it about 3/4 through its travel (see photos). It doesn't affect my driving position and there is still plenty of room for me to push back further. If you make the mount extend further back, this wouldn't be an issue. I added a 3/4" plywood spacer behind the Lagun mount to give me a little more room on the seat travel. Ideally the mount would have been 3/4" longer.

The table adjusts in height from 23" to 31". Table top size is 22"x13" with extension to make it 32"x13".

Below is a pdf with dimensions and details for the mount.

Lagun Mount PDF

Lagun table mount

Lagun table mount

Lagun table mount

Seat backed up into Lagun upright:
Lagun table mount

Space between seat and console when fully back into Lagun upright:

Table extension:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts