Ford Transit USA Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone successfully programmed a new keypad for a PATS-equipped Transit? My 2020 will not chime after diligently following the instructions here. The owner's manual has a section for programming remote controls but for PATS-equipped vans, it just refers to the section discussing how to program a spare keyhead transmitter (which involves inserting the new key into the ignition).

·
Registered
11 Posts
It has not worked for my 2020 and it is noted from Ford parts as not available for 2020 with factory remote start. I have one available, opened but not used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yet a keypad is available as an option for 2020.
The manual says that a dealer can program it for you, hopefully you have one willing to figure it out.
The factory keypad works fine on the 2020. It’s factory programmed and all you need to do is change the code. I have a 2020 with PATS and no remote start. I purchased an extra keyless entry pad for the right side From the dealer. I have tried very combination I can find and nothing has worked.

·
Super Moderator
2,816 Posts
Is the keypad you bought one of the new ones? There is a different part number for 2020, so far no one has reported the programming instructions included with it. No indication yet if the new model works with pre-2020 models either.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You have to use the part number for the 2020 model for that particular model and the other part number is good for the 2015-19 models. It uses a different code since the 2020 has the factory remote start through the Ford Pass system.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts