Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 350 high roof passenger and want to be able to leave the rear doors open without the lights staying on in the vehicle. I am planning to make a screen that can be attached with Velcro on the back opening and want to have the rear doors stay open overnight without running down the batteries. Does anyone know of any easy way to trick the vehicle into always thinking that the rear doors are closed even if they are left open for a long period of time?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I leave mine open all the time I just hit the light switch at the rear door otherwise I believe they turn off after 30 minutes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have you tried closing the latch with a screw driver, the door closed micro switches are usually integrated in the latches in most new vehicles. Then lock the doors with the remote and the lights will go off immediately without waiting for the timer to turn off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you have a 2019 they have an option for a cargo light switch if yours doesn’t have that it might still have the wiring for it, mine doesn’t have this and I don’t know much about it otherwise🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you have a 2019 they have an option for a cargo light switch if yours doesn’t have that it might still have the wiring for it, mine doesn’t have this and I don’t know much about it otherwise🤷‍♂️
Mine's a 2019 if you're referring to the switch at the rear left door pretty sure the switch is standard not an option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you tried closing the latch with a screw driver, the door closed micro switches are usually integrated in the latches in most new vehicles. Then lock the doors with the remote and the lights will go off immediately without waiting for the timer to turn off. \

I just tried this. It works[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and for getting back to me so quickly. I don't appear to have a switch anywhere by the rear doors that may be for this purpose, just the individual switches for the passenger overhead lights except the rearmost one, unless this switch is hiding somewhere that I can't find. I also manually closed the door latch but this doesn't seem to work for my vehicle as this doesn't change the lights even after locking all of the doors with the fob or keypad on the driver's door. I didn't know however that the lights will turn off after 30 mins and for my purpose, this may suffice. It would be nice to know how to turn this off manually, but for now this should be fine. Thank you again for everyone on this thread!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I find it odd if that rear switch is an option. On mine I think if the rear door is open and lights are off and I open then close one of the front doors then the lights go off momentarily the same as locking it. I'll have to test to verify that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just ran into this issue last night, going to come up with switched power to that light with either the Ford option or aftermarket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts