Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"With vehicles made in the Kansas City-area generally posting disappointing sales in June, the highlight of the month was Ford officially registering its first 490 Transit van sales."
- Kansas City Business Journal

·
Registered
169 Posts
490 transit vans doesn't sounds terrible. If the vans aren't actually at a lot of dealerships then I'm sure that number will only get better moving forward.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I recall, econoline has been selling 5,000-10,000 per month for the last 10 years... I'd imagine the majority of those will follow over to the Transit (minus people who go to Chevy for the old style van, minus people still buying the E450 cutaways, then add in stolen sprinter sales)

There are going to be a LOT of these things. I'm pretty impressed they've sold 500! Considering most people still haven't laid eyes on a single van, let alone one customized to their specs, that's pretty good. Wait til every Ford dealership has 5-10 of them on the lot at any time, all different heights and motors to choose from, incentives, and the ability to shuffle vans from dealership to dealership if they don't have what you want and someone another dealer in the same network does.

My friend manages a fleet here (rangers and transit connects) and they have a full size transit on order, and more coming when the need arises.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was excited when I came across this forum several months ago, and posted several times a week initially. Am still disappointed in that I have waited over two years since learning of Ford Transit coming to USA. I would have bought one in June 2012 if available, would have bought one in 2013 if available, would have bought one in June 2014 if available. Guess what.....have currently lost enthusiasm for this. Took my $50,000 had saved up and used it for down payment on a lake home. Maybe June 2015 my tall roof Transit will be available for purchase....thank you Ford.

·
Registered
792 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Was excited when I came across this forum several months ago, and posted several times a week initially. Am still disappointed in that I have waited over two years since learning of Ford Transit coming to USA. I would have bought one in June 2012 if available, would have bought one in 2013 if available, would have bought one in June 2014 if available. Guess what.....have currently lost enthusiasm for this. Took my $50,000 had saved up and used it for down payment on a lake home. Maybe June 2015 my tall roof Transit will be available for purchase....thank you Ford.
I'd take the lake ANY DAY mate ;) stick around, you've waited this long

·
Registered
166 Posts
E series moved 11,790 in June and 66,905 YTD, can we expect that kind of clip for the Transit as well? I mean going of the sprinters figure and the NV (1226 in June, 7457 2014 YTD) It just seems these new vans don't move as well.

Granted Mercedes and Nissan are not the typical van brands so this may be a bit apples and oranges...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts