Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Curious- how did that setup work for you?
Contact area of cable clamps is pretty small for that kind of demand, did not go well. Since I really have no real need for the inverter the project has been on the back burner. From what I've read of everyone else's inverter experiences and knowledge I think that if one is indeed needed and going to see real use probably the true sine wave unit is what to go with if your going to take the trouble to wire this thing in correctly. I'm guessing mine is going to end up as a decoration in the garage.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I like this thread, it's easy to get carried away and end up with a heavy, high-maintenance rig. This is my 3rd conversion and our camping style is to do as much as possible outdoors and make sleeping comfortable. I like to make cooking and clean-up as easy as possible so we can spend more time doing the fun stuff.

As far as #19, we would use an awning a lot, but have found them to be prohibitively expensive plus the sun is usually in the wrong spot for them to be useful. For the money I think an Ez-Up style folding canopy is far more versatile.

#24 & #4, there are some really nice tankless water heaters now, I have an Eccotemp heater that we will hang up outside when we need a warm shower. We don't have space inside for a shower.

#25, yes sink hot water is not critical, it's pretty easy to heat up a kettle on the stove when you need to wash dishes. You can waste a lot of water waiting for the hot water to arrive from a heater.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for posting this thread. Although i won't use everything you have mentioned, i do appreciate the insight that your experience with sprinter has given you. Sometimes i think i know it all, but a thread like this will help me keep it simple and functional. I want to be able to enjoy my van, instead of trying to fix
a bunch of systems. i know of people whose motor homes are constantly in the shop for one thing or another, so thanks again.:)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts