Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ti

Sick interior! How did you go about attaching those shelves? I'm looking to do something similar.
rivnuts to the body and used steel L brackets from home depot. rivnuts in the ceiling braces with threaded rod, going through a steel T brace for added stability. I think I can do pullups on the shelf :)

·
Registered
2020 AWD CrewVan on order..........
111 Posts
Update on the ceiling

@spotco2 that is a really cool looking build out. I'm thinking about maybe using a passenger van instead of a crew van to make a moto hauler. So, I was wondering about leaving the factory roof liner instead of making a new roof liner. The factory roof liner would have the vents for the A/C built in and are built to take the air bags. I like how you put heat vents in the floor also.

What were the reasons that you did NOT re-install the factory roof liner and created your own ceiling? (It looks fantastic BTW)
Thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
@spotco2 that is a really cool looking build out. I'm thinking about maybe using a passenger van instead of a crew van to make a moto hauler. So, I was wondering about leaving the factory roof liner instead of making a new roof liner. The factory roof liner would have the vents for the A/C built in and are built to take the air bags. I like how you put heat vents in the floor also.

What were the reasons that you did NOT re-install the factory roof liner and created your own ceiling? (It looks fantastic BTW)
Thanks!
Here's a little more current pic of the van. It's getting some electrical tidied up this weekend.

I hate/loathe the factory hi roof headliners. They are poorly designed and engineered. The way they attach to the walls (or lack of) was a poor try on Fords part. Instead of having an actual attachment point they have a clip on the wall and a slot in the headliner just sits on the clip. In theory it works. In reality I've yet to see a high roof that the rear sections of headliner do not flop against the side walls of the van.

I also wanted the extra little bit of room that I could gain on the walls since this will be a work van that I will be in daily. It also just gave me a lot of freedom to start from scratch and do exactly what I wanted. The lack of directional vents in the back are a non issue. A lot of air still comes out of the holes and works fine in the GA summer. I have the deflectors from my headliner and a friend said he would make adapters to put them back in with his 3D printer but I have not seen a need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
we have a 2017 transit 350 and are wondering if you had alot of trouble selling the seats? Thats holding us back right now

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey @Bear 26312, welcome to the forum first. I have a T350 and sold the seat for a cheap price on FB ($ 100 to $ 200 ish). People use the seats for older model vans, but it depends on where you live. I saw people who had to take it to the trash... good luck!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts