Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2016 T250 3.7L LR base model cargo van w/about 76k miles. About a week ago I was traveling to a job (I'm a plumbing contractor).I've made this trip in my Transit many times,but this particular time the van did something very odd. Coming to the bottom of what is about a thirty mile mountain pass over the central California coastal mountains, My instrument panel went blank...No speedometer,radio, or dash lights! The gear indicator Letters were visible,though, and the "P" was flashing. The motor was still running because the power steering and brakes were working as normal as I immediately pulled to the side of the road and turned the key off. It was not safe to get out of the vehicle where I was at so I sat for a minute to assess the problem. Rolled down the window to see if I could smell coolant (temp gauge never moves. Always just a bit below half) or burnt Trans fluid(I hate that there's no dipstick!) or anything noticeably wrong.There was nothing more I could do without exiting the vehicle(which was not safe on the narrow road i was on) so I started the van and drove about 15 miles to the next town.It drove fine and no CEL. Checked all fluids possible and sat for a while thumbing through the useless owners manual and cautiously went on to my destination,which was another 50 miles over another mountain pass. I had no more problems and finished the job and drove the same route home early the next morning. Made it home with no issues. Scanned for codes with a cheapo basic scantool and there were none....Any ideas on what happened?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure if you were able to fix the problem or not. Being that it was 6 months ago. This reply is for anyone that might be having the same issue, as I did as well. My solution was to disconnect the battery terminals. Then remove the instrument panel and spray both the contacts at the back of the panel and the harness clip as well. Using electrical cleaner. This worked me for and has seemed to solve the problem this far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.