Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Installed Euro Transit Trail grill.. with some razzle dazzle

3827 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  slugdugg
Ordered the Transit Trail grill off of eBay from a Berlin seller. Did the install and added some amber grill lights as well since I was in there. Overall it wasn't too bad. Taking the front end off was easy compared to undoing all the tabs around the grill support and chrome-surround grill.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Plant Vehicle registration plate

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,434 Posts
It does look very nice. I was tempted to do this, but I decided to go with the regular 2021 Honeycomb grill for the extra airflow. Going to have some hot alternators with what I'm pulling off them.

(Note, the Transit Trail grill has ~same surface area for airflow as the regular 2020 Transit grills)

Reactions: Lost in Transit

· Registered
7,734 Posts
Ordered the Transit Trail grill off of eBay from a Berlin seller. Did the install and added some amber grill lights as well since I was in there. Overall it wasn't too bad. Taking the front end off was easy compared to undoing all the tabs around the grill support and chrome-surround grill.

View attachment 162323
View attachment 162324
Looks a lot different from when you picked it up at the dealership. Now you just need the VISA card from Ford on the wheel caps to pay for that special grille!
We have those 2 2022 stock ordered models just like yours that are available if someone likes it that well!

· Registered
2021 LWB MR XLT Passenger
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
2021 LWB MR XLT Passenger
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used a 3d printer to create small brackets and bolted to each of the lights. The brackets created little slots above and below the light that the grill backing slides right into. They actually nearly would stay in place on their own. I started by using 3m tape to attach the lights to the grill, but didn't like the result. Ultimately I used hot glue to attach as it was fast and secure.
Vehicle Hood Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Vehicle Hood Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.