Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to get a van that is not white. That blue jean color is pretty cool, but also very rare. I don't think there is a single high roof 148 wheelbase transit (250 or 350) in this color in all of the USA right now. I was thinking about ordering one to be built straight from the factory, but with the factory being shut down for now, and even when it does open back up most likely only operating a partial capacity, I have no idea whether van would actually be built and delivered. Anyone here have any insight or thoughts into this? Cheers!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If Ford gets back to production by May 18th, you can order a 2020 Transit NOW and probably have it built by the end of July. And that described T-250 HR Blue Jeans 148" WB AWD cargo van left Matt Ford about 3 weeks ago heading to Seattle, WA. It was a customer ordered vehicle and just got out of the plant right before it closed on March 19th.

tyler.t.sell on the Transit forum has the Blue Jeans Transit described above. You might contact him to get a picture of it or he may come on here and add pictures. Before he picked up the Transit, Ford placed it on our dealer website and we have calls from all over the USA interested in it. We probably could have sold 10 or more of that same vehicle if we had in at the dealership.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@[email protected] Are you a dealer then? Is may 18th the date they are shooting for reopening? Do you think even with reduced production it would get built that fast? The dealer here thinks best case scenario I would get the van in August or September. And, that if everything goes perfectly.

·
Registered
325 Posts
For what it's worth, I ordered my Gray HR AWD Transit on Feb. 5. The original build date was projected to be about two weeks ago, which means that if not for the Covid-19, I'd probably be headed to Kansas City to pick it up about now. Instead, I'm probably looking at the end of July or early August. Am I bummed that I will lose the summer to begin building it out and travel? For sure. Was there an alternative? No. As you pointed out there are few Transits out there on a dealer's lot and none that meet my wish list. So, I'm happy that I did order and that a VIN was issued before the factory shut down. I know that eventually I will get my van, and hopefully get it faster than if I had waited for one to show up on a lot.

My decision was partly due to the color, but also wanting the turbo, some of the added safety features, such as adaptive cruise control, a larger stereo screen, etc. It was also due to NOT wanting some of the features that a salesman somewhere chose, such as trailer brakes or upfitter switches which required the bigger console for me to trip over. I didn't want to pay extra for things not wanted. For me, this will be my last big long-term vehicle project before I retire and I plan on spending a lot of time exploring places in it. A couple more months won't matter in the long run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's the beauty I picked up from CrewVanMan not too long ago. I'm still way into the conversion process so a little short on other images, but I will say that the color is INCREDIBLE. Definitely gets very hot to the touch in the sun but it's certainly nice to have a van that isn't white!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
@[email protected] Are you a dealer then? Is may 18th the date they are shooting for reopening? Do you think even with reduced production it would get built that fast? The dealer here thinks best case scenario I would get the van in August or September. And, that if everything goes perfectly.
Yes, I work for Matt Ford and the May 18th date is what they are looking at for a first day of getting back to work. Not sure if they will actually build any vehicles for the first few days. Getting a Transit built would depend on the dealer allocation and location from the Transit assembly. We currently have 21 allocations open for the 2nd quarter and by being 24 miles from the Transit plant, we can get the vehicle a lot faster than distant dealerships.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts