Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have found out so far, the plant shut down the assembly line after the second shift on Thursday, March 19th and will resume production on Monday, March 30th. In the past, they ran 2 shifts to build the Transit and will start out just going with one shift that will be rotating with a 2 day working schedule with the second shift. Not sure how long this will be done but if they did it for a 2 week period, that would give each shift the same number of working hours.

Ford had initially pulled 6 'forced' stock ordered Transits last Tuesday for scheduling and had 6 customer orders in line for Friday with WEEK of May 11th & May 18th build dates. Those got pulled out from scheduling on Thursday night so we did not get any of those 6 orders placed on the production schedule. At this point, we are waiting to see if other Transit orders that already have build dates are rescheduled. Losing 6 days of production for 2 shifts would back up about 4000 Transit orders based on the previous timeframe for building Transits and then coming back with just one shift at the beginning of production would move orders further back especially the ones that are coming up for getting their first scheduling build dates.

Just wanted everyone that has a Transit order in place or looking to place a order soon of the situation going on at the Transit plant. I was at Matt Ford from Tuesday through Saturday this past week and got to deliver 5 Transit vans to customers with some scheduled for that week and others coming earlier with their Transit already at Matt Ford with a earlier than expected delivery to us. We are expecting 3 more Transits to be delivered to us since they were already built and off the plant lot and expecting Jack Cooper Transport to deliver them since they are not expected to stop working at making vehicle deliveries and have a lot of Transits sitting on the holding lots that can be delivered. The plant closure should help them clear out more areas now and the time from completing a Transit and shipping it should be shorter.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm not sure if my Transit order is included in the group of stock orders you mentioned above.

On March 6 you sent me the following:
Your order got pulled today and we have some information for you.
You have a VIN....1FTBR2XG1LKA81614.... with a projected build WEEK of April 27th, 2020 We should get a build DAY once they slot the vehicles in line for assembly.

Any predictions on my particular batch of stock units that were pulled?
L. Smith

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I have the printout of the March 20th Vehicle Visibility report and your order is showing a change to 'Scheduled to WEEK of May 4, 2020'. Not sure if this reflects the change with the plant shutting down for the 6 days of production since I am sure they only knew of this change this week and have not been able to make any schedule changes down the line for the next few weeks.

I look at this report a few times during the day so once I get the new production schedule dates, I will be emailing all of my customers to give them updates on their build dates. Since your change just came up on this 3/20/2020 report, I have not been able to go through all of the changes on the report and email customers who have changes to their dates. I will be doing that tomorrow (Monday) so everyone will have things based on that report date and expect Ford to go through and update the report to reflect the changes once the plant gets back to production.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks like the March 30 restart is off the table.

"In light of various governments' orders to stay and work from home, Ford is not planning to restart our plants in the U.S., Canada and Mexico on Monday, March 30 as originally hoped," Ford North Americas president Kumar Galhotra said in a statement.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Ford Transit assembly plant restructured the scheduling for the plant based on a March 30th restart date so not sure what they will do now if they don't have a date to go back to work.

I was in the process of sending all of my customers updates on their ordered Transits that had build dates that were changed from the updated production schedule and now those dates may be moot.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Here is the latest information from Ford concerning the production plants. As was noted when the plants first closed, they were looking at resuming production on March 30th and once they announced that date, they revised the production schedule to reflect those changes. Now with the starting date not known, we won't have a revised production schedule until a date is announced and each assembly plant could have their own start date.

Here is the link from the Ford online information forum on the plant closure situation.

Once I get information about the Ford Transit plant resuming production, I will post a separate forum thread with details on the start of production and possibly some Transit buyers will know about their scheduled Transit orders.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just read where Ford is now saying they will try to get some plants open by April 30. The story didn't mention KC though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
"It will restart production on April 14 at its Dearborn plant that builds the F-150 and a Kentucky plant that makes the Super Duty version of the pickup as well as the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs.
The Ford Transit van line at its Kansas City, Missouri, plant, the Ohio plant that builds Econoline vans and heavy duty trucks, and several stamping, transmission and parts plants also will restart on that day."

·
Super Moderator
1,666 Posts
I wouldn't count on those dates as being set in stone. They are going by information as to how long the virus will last, but not accounting for all the people who think it is a hoax and are refusing to self quarantine. i.e. Spring Break in Florida was packed, people are sitting at closed tables in restaurants, people are intentionally coughing on others since they don't believe this is real, a nurse was spit on by a patient who tested positive since "you're probably going to get it anyhow", etc. I expect this to last for months, not weeks, given the lack of people and leadership taking it seriously.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a confirmation from a Transit plant employee and now from Ford Corporate that the Transit plant will begin production on April 6th. Ford pulled 3 orders yesterday for scheduling and those are getting WEEK of May 18th & 25th with some of the earlier scheduled production dates moving that already had May build dates. The ones with the April build dates had previously moved back one week and those stayed the same with their April dates.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
We now have 34 'Unscheduled - Clean' Transit orders with 20 customer orders and 14 stock ordered Transits. Two of those are pre-sold from buyers selecting those as being EXACTLY what they wanted. From 12 separate stock units that have build dates, there is a variety of body styles available so if you are looking for a Transit that would be available by June, any one of these may be available at Matt Ford.

Body styles from the group include a R2C, R2D, R2V, R2X, R3U, & X9C. If you check these body styles from the Transit decoder, they are ALL AWD models. We can tell you ALL of them have the 3.5L EcoBoost engine, varied exterior colors from Blue Jeans, Ingot Silver, and Magnetic Metallic, and cloth interiors except the X9C 12 passenger van that has the Ebony Leather seating.

If you have a interest in one of these body styles, we have a preview order available to show you the options on it , the projected build date that is showing as of today's Vehicle Visibility report, and can give you a price quote. The Ford cash rebates may change next week and some special rebates have been added with the Ford Credit financing option already listed.

Just email [email protected] with the body style you are interested in and you will get the available preview order(s) that has all of the options on it with MSRP pricing. If you decide you need a quote for that order, we can give you pricing and current rebates on it. Those rebate may change on April 1st so you might want to see what happens on that date or just get it locked up as your order. Remember you get the BEST of the rebates at order date OR delivery date so any changes in the rebates on April 1st will be available to you at delivery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts