Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Yes, you pay $40 for the service and it is refunded to you if you purchase the vehicle from me. It is not a requirement you have to purchase the Transit from me as it is a service to help you understand about what options are available on the Transit and you get a preview order sheet from the Ford system along with pricing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have not seen any indication that change has been made looking through the current order system for the 2021 model. We have a area for placing a 2021 order but no backup documentation on anything as far as changes to it. We know the colors changes, the BLACK spoke steel wheel, and the possible addition of the honeycomb grille to the Exterior Upgrade package. There are supposedly going to be price changes for the 2021 model with a projected 5% to 8% base price increase on all models to cover the past and current expenses for the virus cleaning at the plant and various parts that go into the vehicle.
It's still early according to your previous posts, but just checking to see if you have any new info on any of this(base model price increase, etc)?

Thanks,

Casey

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
We know of a price increase on the 2021 Transit just not exactly how much. Was told to expect 5% to 8% base price we will see in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
subscribed. the right hand shifter is quite interesting, however losing the cup holders is a bit frustrating.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good morning CrewVanManInfo
Yes, you pay $40 for the service and it is refunded to you if you purchase the vehicle from me. It is not a requirement you have to purchase the Transit from me as it is a service to help you understand about what options are available on the Transit and you get a preview order sheet from the Ford system along with pricing.
Thank you for all your posts and they are very very helpful. I plan to order the 2021 RV prep when it is open to order. (currently have 2017 cargo van Long MR, towing Airstream; very happy with it) Not sure the info is there yet but like to ask:
1) Is there a Disel AWD?
2) What is the towing max? Will Disel be a better option for towing?
3) Hope the Drive/Passenger seat improvement (bigger/wider)
4) I live in Austin TX and what is the process, benefits, pricing, etc. if order from you?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got someone at Ford to send me page 1 of the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide so I know the REAL thing on the 2021 Transit. They are supposed to release the complete order guide this week so if they hold it up through Friday I will put the page up here so you will have something to see.
C'mon, at least throw us this bone to nibble on!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Good morning CrewVanManInfo

Thank you
for all your posts and they are very very helpful. I plan to order the 2021 RV prep when it is open to order. (currently have 2017 cargo van Long MR, towing Airstream; very happy with it) Not sure the info is there yet but like to ask:
1) Is there a Disel AWD? NO Diesel engine for the 2021 model. It was supposed to be the 2.0L I-4 that was cancelled in 2020 mostly due to problems with emissions and the determination that the smaller diesel would not be a good fit for USA buyers. It is used in Europe as the only available engine.
2) What is the towing max? Will Disel be a better option for towing? We will get the towing information later from Ford but the specifications will be close to the 2020 model other than the 11,000 GVWR model
3) Hope the Drive/Passenger seat improvement (bigger/wider) No plans on making a wider seat but the emergency brake on the floor will become a Electronic feature so you will have a wider area BETWEEN the seats.
4) I live in Austin TX and what is the process, benefits, pricing, etc. if order from you? Once we get the CrewVanMan 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet ready for mailing, then you can order it and get started on building out your 2021 Transit and from your communication with me you will get a preview order and pricing.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
If we don't get the full 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide by the end of the week, I will place the information from page 1 of the order guide here on the Transit forum. The rest of the order guide will be part of the CrewVanMan 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet hoping to have it ready by November 1st if everything falls in place

21 - 36 of 36 Posts