Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide will be available in mid-October followed by pricing after the pricing sheets for each major body styles which include Cargo van, CrewVan, Passenger van, Chassis cab, and Cutaway are listed. Production for the 2020 model will run through November and close to November 1st we will be able to input 2021 orders and have preview orders with MSRP pricing. Production for the first 2021 will be fleet orders starting after Thanksgiving for about a 3 week period before the plant closes for the Christmas holidays. Expect to see the first customer 2021 Transits to show up from mid-January to February 2021.

I have already listed the 3 new expected colors on another forum thread. There are some NEW body codes that are not explained yet and will let everyone know what these are once Ford places a name on those codes.The listed codes are K2Y, U8U, and U8X. Another thing that I have mentioned for the last 2 years are some BLACK Road style wheels and there is now another wheel option, 16" X 6.5" Steel Road Wheel - Black.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
That is the one wheel they sent a picture of but going through the build out for a 2021 AWD model they list a similar wheel so I hope to get pictures of the 6 lug wheel that would go for that model.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Nothing in the codes would designate hybrid model. That would possibly be in the engine code itself and they are only showing the 2 3.5L engines on the 2021 Transit.

Based on the listed codes, looks like one would be a short wheelbase vehicle and the others are a Cutaway or Chassis Cab model.

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD on order
76 Posts
Here is a look at the 16" X 6.5" BLACK Steel Wheel option for 2021 Transit. View attachment 136894
That’s the steel wheel? Looks cast to me, though I suppose it could be stamped like the Magum or Rally wheels of the seventies. In any case, I’m glad I’m not waiting for a 2021 (my build date is August) but I sure like some of the new colors as well as these wheels.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some of the Ford 6 lug wheels on other Trucks that may end up on the 2021 Transit as far as a BLACK Steel wheel. First 2 wheels are from a 2020 F-150 and a 2020 Ford Ranger which has the similar design to the 5 lug one I posted above. The 3rd picture is from a 2020 Ford Raptor and the last one is a Chrome one on a 2020 F-150 Lariat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there any indication that they have moved out the addition of electronic parking brake and new center console with more legroom that were planned for 2021?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have not seen any indication that change has been made looking through the current order system for the 2021 model. We have a area for placing a 2021 order but no backup documentation on anything as far as changes to it. We know the colors changes, the BLACK spoke steel wheel, and the possible addition of the honeycomb grille to the Exterior Upgrade package. There are supposedly going to be price changes for the 2021 model with a projected 5% to 8% base price increase on all models to cover the past and current expenses for the virus cleaning at the plant and various parts that go into the vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have not seen any indication that change has been made looking through the current order system for the 2021 model. We have a area for placing a 2021 order but no backup documentation on anything as far as changes to it. We know the colors changes, the BLACK spoke steel wheel, and the possible addition of the honeycomb grille to the Exterior Upgrade package. There are supposedly going to be price changes for the 2021 model with a projected 5% to 8% base price increase on all models to cover the past and current expenses for the virus cleaning at the plant and various parts that go into the vehicle.
I'm trying to get an idea of how likely those are to still happen in 2021 (electronic parking brake and console redesign to move the shifter to the right). Both seem like relatively easy changes that don't require a ton of engineering, so I'm hoping the coronavirus didn't kill them for 2021. I'm trying to decide to make a last minute 2020 order or take a chance on MY 2021. That abyss gray is beautiful, but it's not worth an extra $6k if it's all you get for waiting for MY 2021. I also wonder if the console/shifter change could be retrofitted later on, if it's fully electronic and the wiring harness reaches the new position.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The information on their 2021MY powerpoint indicated that the console/shifter modification would be Q1. There was no such disclaimer on the electronic parking brake, which maybe indicates that change is more advanced. Ditto the other changes, a couple of which were just deletions rather than additions. If you're interested in DRW it seems they will have an 11K GVWR option.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
One of the suggestions I had made to Ford in the past was to go with the dial knob shifter that is already in most of the Ford vehicles and have the electronic parking brake in the small triangle area near the bottom of the current shifter position. If you are familiar with the changes that Ford makes on the Transit, it is usually done on the European model first and then incorporated into the USA version within a year or two. So not seeing those things on the current European models may be what would have to be done as something separate to what has been the history of changes on the USA version of the Transit.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The information on their 2021MY powerpoint indicated that the console/shifter modification would be Q1. There was no such disclaimer on the electronic parking brake, which maybe indicates that change is more advanced. Ditto the other changes, a couple of which were just deletions rather than additions. If you're interested in DRW it seems they will have an 11K GVWR option.
Thanks for posting that link. It indicates that for 2021 the electronic parking brake is standard equipment on all single wheel rear axles. To me that means that we can count on it right from the git-go. The picture shows a huge improvement in clearing the passageway to the rear.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Until we get the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide that gives us all of the changes on the 2021 Transit, I am not going to put something out there that is not a fact about Transit changes. Ford Fleet has done this in the past with placing things out there that are only for FLEET vehicles and not for the actual Ford Transit regular production vehicle. They have had the short console on the Transit since back in 2017 but it was never offered on the regular production Transit until 2020.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
We are still over one month away until the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide is available and until Ford gives us MSRP pricing for it, we will not be able to build out a preview order. If there is a 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet, it will have that information as part of the service and it may take another few weeks to get everything together to resume that program.

Ford Transit buyers who took advantage of the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service found out how much information they received from getting on the program and how easy it was to build out their Transit order sheet and get a preview order that would become their final Transit order.

Based on the current projected timeline for 2021 production, the first 2021 models will start their assembly right after Thanksgiving holidays and will have about 2 1/2 weeks of production in 2020. Then after the Christmas holidays, they will resume production and any Transits built up to this point will be FLEET orders. Starting in mid-January we will see the first stock ordered vehicles being scheduled and dealers will start getting a few on their dealership lots. Then the customer orders will get into the mix and we should see those getting scheduled possibly at the end of January to February 2021. This is based on nothing happening at the Transit assembly plant where the line will be stopped due to some unforeseen problems.

·
Registered
289 Posts
We are still over one month away until the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide is available and until Ford gives us MSRP pricing for it, we will not be able to build out a preview order. If there is a 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet, it will have that information as part of the service and it may take another few weeks to get everything together to resume that program.

Ford Transit buyers who took advantage of the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service found out how much information they received from getting on the program and how easy it was to build out their Transit order sheet and get a preview order that would become their final Transit order.

Based on the current projected timeline for 2021 production, the first 2021 models will start their assembly right after Thanksgiving holidays and will have about 2 1/2 weeks of production in 2020. Then after the Christmas holidays, they will resume production and any Transits built up to this point will be FLEET orders. Starting in mid-January we will see the first stock ordered vehicles being scheduled and dealers will start getting a few on their dealership lots. Then the customer orders will get into the mix and we should see those getting scheduled possibly at the end of January to February 2021. This is based on nothing happening at the Transit assembly plant where the line will be stopped due to some unforeseen problems.
@CrewVanMan When will you start taking orders for the 2021 BOB Notebook?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts