Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
... has anyone found a better or different source for the filters?
I went on the Baldwin site and checked their list of distributors. A local firm (Parts for Trucks) was a distributor and could order the filter in for me. And the price was actually lower than I could get from many other suppliers mentioned in this thread.

This was a pleasant surprise as normally I have to travel or deal with shipping expenses to get things for my van to small town Nova Scotia.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can certainly tell it has no filter! My dash is constantly getting dusty. Driving me nuts. Time to get one of these filters. The only reason it's not in there is cost reductions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just changed mine after 15,000 miles. Almost black from the dust & dirt. Haven't noticed any degradation of AC performance with the filter in place. So strange that it isn't included, especially in the passenger vans.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2018 350 Transit arrived at my Ford dealer last week. I asked them to check the cabin air filter during their own intake PDI. Sure enough, cabin air filter was missing. It surprised both the sales and service managers.

I ordered a few from the links in this thread. Wondering how often folks are changing these?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I installed a filter and dash still gets dusty. Dust has about 1000 ways to enter besides the HVAC system. I don't notice any difference between having a filter or not having a filter. I did 10,000 miles without a filter and then 10,000 miles with a filter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got back from 8 day, 5922 miles through Arizona,Nevada, Oregon, Washington, beautiful B.C. to Prince Rupert and ferry to Alaska. Skipped Oregon but added Idaho and Montana on the return.
Easily 2000 miles was done through wildfire smoke ranging from several miles visibility to street lights on at noon.
A fresh cabin air filter is the only thing that made it tolerable. When we got back it was brown, sticky, and smelled like smoke. Threw it out.
Oh yeah; 19.2 mpg average.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Just got back from 8 day, 5922 miles through Arizona,Nevada, Oregon, Washington, beautiful B.C. to Prince Rupert and ferry to Alaska. Skipped Oregon but added Idaho and Montana on the return.
Easily 2000 miles was done through wildfire smoke ranging from several miles visibility to street lights on at noon.
A fresh cabin air filter is the only thing that made it tolerable. When we got back it was brown, sticky, and smelled like smoke. Threw it out.
Oh yeah; 19.2 mpg average.
in just 8 days? It took me like 3 months to do most of that. Nice to know it worked for smoke!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Business trip. Eight days of driving. Gone twenty four days.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Business trip. Eight days of driving. Gone twenty four days.

Whew. I made a solo 3400-mile three-week road trip.

Next year I'd love a 6000-mile road trip, but with the kids (wife isn't sure about road trips) so we can cover ground and have more time at destinations.

Regardless I like to drive one day, stop three nights (give two full days of hiking, enjoying a book, and relaxing... then next destination).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any update on this filter setup? Would love to add one to my 250 but all the part numbers listed are no good at my napa, advanced auto, autozone and pep boys. I even tried Grainger and the AP30000 can not be found?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just bing “Baldwin pa30000”.
Also other choices to search for:
Ford is also coming out with some very highly rated filters for some models hopefully transit has gotten or will get.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts