Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Is it possible that Ford installs the wiring harness in Vans that have ordered the PSD? Then the actuators can be added in the future?

Seems like a pipe dream but perhaps it's a potential?

You've posted before about adding the PSD after production... and part of the large expense was the wiring harness.
I have talked about the AFTERMARKET Power Sliding Side Door

·
Registered
25 Posts
Remove the power sliding door from my Transit. I would rather have the van now and trade it in for a 2024 or 2025 when things are back to normal. I emailed you Ed to remove the PSD if that will get my van built. My Toyota Sienna was totaled in February and I have been renting a car since, while watching my build week date slip to June 20th and no never if I don't drop the power sliding door. I can live without the power door for a few years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@[email protected], it sounds like Ford said the PSD will be available for the 2023 model. Is that your understanding based on your conversations? Trying to decide if I wait (and pay more) for a 2023 MY and get what I want, or just concede and remove the PSD to try and get the van moved into production out of unscheduled clean status.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Also, my black hat here says what happens if suddenly a bunch of people delete the PSD and then bam, parts show up? The vendor has already told Ford they can't supply the needed parts within the Ford scheduled builds for the 2022 model. Is there any harm in leaving a 2022 order in the system, that already has a VIN, with the PSD as is and then also ordering a 2023 just in case (and assuming Ford doesn't issue a policy that let's 2022 PSD orders go to 2023 with price protection, etc?
We can leave your 2022 order in the system with the PSD on it. What will happen is at some point, Ford will move it to a 'Unscheduled- Balanced Out' status which would mean it would not get built as a 2022 model. You lose the price protection for the 2022 model and Ford is not giving any carryover price protection from the 2022 model to the 2023 model so you may be paying $4000+ more for just another year newer model.

One thought is to take the 2022 model without the PSD, then place a order for the 2023 model with the PSD and if you get the 2023 model, just sell the 2022 one. The way prices are on the low mileage ones under 2 years old, you may sell it for more than you paid for it and have use of it until your preferred one shows up.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@[email protected], it sounds like Ford said the PSD will be available for the 2023 model. Is that your understanding based on your conversations? Trying to decide if I wait (and pay more) for a 2023 MY and get what I want, or just concede and remove the PSD to try and get the van moved into production out of unscheduled clean status.
They are not saying anything about having the option available for the 2023 model. Their statement is 'if you still need to have the option on your order, it would have to be done on the 2023 Transit order.'

·
Registered
893 Posts
They are not saying anything about having the option available for the 2023 model. Their statement is 'if you still need to have the option on your order, it would have to be done on the 2023 Transit order.'
Well to me that is specifically saying they plan to offer the PSD for 2023. In other words, you must drop the PSD [aka "the option"] to have any chance to get your 2022 van built. If you need "the option" [the PSD that we are making you take off your 2022 order] you would need to order it in 2023.

Of course that's not saying they would actually build vans with the PSD in 2023 just because it was an orderable option. As has just been demonstrated in 2022. But the part you put in orange wouldn't even make sense to say, IMO, if they were not planning to offer PSD (aka "the option") in 2023.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Their statement would make me think there could still be a question of having the option to be BUILT on a 2023 Transit order. Remember about the 2.0L I-4 Diesel engine coming to the USA Transit. It was listed as available for months and I had orders for it, and it ended up not getting built as the engine could not pass emissions. We offered the customer a chance to change the engine or cancel the order. A few went with the engine change and 2 people cancelled the order, only wanted the Diesel engine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are they doing some sort of re-design of the PSD for MY23 then? If they're still offering PSD for MY23, it makes no sense that they can't just make a MY22 van with the same PSD?

I assume that Ford plans to assemble MY23 PSD vans late in production and they don't want to "hold" MY22 vans and have MY22 and MY23 vans going down the production line at the same time.

·
Registered
Ordered 10/11/21- R2X 250 Hi Roof LWB Cargo AWD, Ecoboost, Avalanche Gray, removed PSD :-(, iACC&360
100 Posts
Hi Ed, thanks for the info. I have sent an email to Kayla with my build code to request to remove the PSD option. Mine is still unscheduled-clean though.
Same - and same status earlier this week.

Reactions: tcnkla

·
Registered
Totalled 2019 T250 EXT HR Diesel On order 2022 T350 HD EXT DRW F4U
5 Posts
I called my salesman at Phil Long Denver yesterday. He hadn't heard anything from Ford about the PSD being an issue. I let him know what I heard and asked him to remove the PSD from my order as long as he could confirm that wouldn't balance out my order.

If my Transit isn't built as a 2022 I'm done with Ford and ordering a 2023 Sprinter. I can at least get a diesel with awd that way. Same with my Bronco, if it's not built as a 2022, I have a Rivian R1S on order. I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to vehicles.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If my Transit isn't built as a 2022 I'm done with Ford and ordering a 2023 Sprinter. I can at least get a diesel with awd that way. Same with my Bronco, if it's not built as a 2022, I have a Rivian R1S on order. I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to vehicles.
Apples and oranges? And peaches and plums?

Most people are buying one or the other based on what they offer, i.e. reliability, gas or diesel, dealer network for repairs, etc.

·
Registered
2022 U8U
524 Posts
If my Transit isn't built as a 2022 I'm done with Ford and ordering a 2023 Sprinter. I can at least get a diesel with awd that way.
Be careful what you wish for. As a long-time Sprinter diesel owner, I am counting the days until I can again take a long trip without a constant fear of finding myself on the side of the road, with a "10 starts remaining" message on my dash, and hundreds of miles away from a Sprinter dealer who has a two weeks wait for a service slot.

·
Registered
Totalled 2019 T250 EXT HR Diesel On order 2022 T350 HD EXT DRW F4U
5 Posts
Apples and oranges? And peaches and plums?

Most people are buying one or the other based on what they offer, i.e. reliability, gas or diesel, dealer network for repairs, etc.
Be careful what you wish for. As a long-time Sprinter diesel owner, I am counting the days until I can again take a long trip without a constant fear of finding myself on the side of the road, with a "10 starts remaining" message on my dash, and hundreds of miles away from a Sprinter dealer who has a two weeks wait for a service slot.
There's plenty of issues with both. I never found it easy while traveling to find anyone familiar with the Transit diesel. And all it took was a minor hit to the back of my 2019 Transit to total it last year. I'm ok with paying $61k for my Transit build, it's just in no way shape or form worth another $4k for the same build next year.

My $65k made in China Polestar 2 feels like a $65k car. Some people have nothing but issues with theirs. I have had no issues. You can have a lemon from any make and model. You just roll the dice and hope you get one built on a Tuesday;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
First they took our Stop-and-Go, And I did not speak out...

then they took our Lane Centering ...

then they took our PSD. @Princess_Fluffypants

So, is the market going to be hot enough in a year to take the 2022 now and order an identical 2023 with the PSD and if it doesn't happen the order will be cancelled, otherwise sell the 2022 for a likely wash? Maybe the Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering will come with it.
@Covid van de Mic what do you mean they took our Stop-and-Go? Is that the cruise control that stops in traffic and starts again? When did that change? That was a must have for me

21 - 40 of 131 Posts