Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 350 HR CARGO AWD 148" 3.5 ECOBOOST
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any info on a connector and wires I found under the pass seat of my 2020 cargo van. It is on the outboard side and just plugged into a blank socket. There are actually 2 connectors and set of wires. The one of most interest has a black/white stripe and a brown/green stripe wire of substantial gauge indicating decent amperage, maybe 12 AWG didn't look to close, also a smaller wire in that connector. The black/white has continuity to ground, the brown/green is hot with the key in the run position only. Not in accessory and not on the battery guard timeout as far as I can tell. The harness comes from the area on the floor between the 2 seats, haven't pulled any of that up. I've attached a couple of pics. I'd be excited to find easy access to a high(er) amp connection point, with ground as a bonus!
20210504_174619[1].jpg 20210504_174746[1].jpg

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
This may be the plug in for a passenger side power seat. From the wiring diagram for the passenger side, it looks like these are the wire color codes.
You may have a similar plug on the driver's side if that is the harness they used to build your vehicle.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Those are not for power seat, but they do serve a function for something as there is an ignition 12v on wire which is handy for things.

·
Registered
2020 350 HR CARGO AWD 148" 3.5 ECOBOOST
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the power seats, this is independent of all that. As I said, just terminated into a dummy/blank plug. Who knows, but no harm no foul if I use it I guess. I would like to know what it is fused at. I suppose I could short it out and see what blows but I'm not sure I know where all the fuse are hidden. Just a gift.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Best to just get the factory wiring diagrams booklet and you would be in great shape for knowing what all of the wiring is for your Transit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts