Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have searched but didn’t find this particular topic discussed: De- activating the finicky Ford TPMS.

I have an aftermarket unit installed that works perfectly. It uses sensors installed in place of the valve cap and has a wireless solar charged monitoring unit on the dash. It tells me the temp and psi of each tire individually and it has alarms. It accurate as well. It cost half of the price of one OEM sensor. Done.

Since the Ford system doesn’t indicate what tire is low and is complicated to reset I’d like to totally disable it and replace the expensive internal sensors with standard valves as I get a chance to.

Can I just “ Shut the Original Ford system off ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello, I have searched but didn’t find this particular topic discussed: De- activating the finicky Ford TPMS.

I have an aftermarket unit installed that works perfectly. It uses sensors installed in place of the valve cap and has a wireless solar charged monitoring unit on the dash. It tells me the temp and psi of each tire individually and it has alarms. It accurate as well. It cost half of the price of one OEM sensor. Done.

Since the Ford system doesn’t indicate what tire is low and is complicated to reset I’d like to totally disable it and replace the expensive internal sensors with standard valves as I get a chance to.

You can disable the TPMS using FORscan. Check out this thread on how to use FORscan. Transit FORscan Mods - BdyCM Central Configuration

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

Motovan,

JFI, The information is available it is just not displayed in the OEM system. When I replaced the OEM radio the information was displayed on the screen of my aftermarket radio as one of the gauge settings.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
73 Posts
@Motovan2.0 I disabled TPMS using ForScan four months ago & so far have noticed no problems.

Can you post a link to the aftermarket unit you installed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts