Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe it that I fell for it. I posted an add looking to buy 3M 600 and someone sent me a private message that someone has this for sale.

He only accepted Zelle. I did not check the history of the person who recommended him

I feel like a total idiot.

·
Registered
Transit AWD 250 mid roof
21 Posts
Can't believe it that I fell for it. I posted an add looking to buy 3M 600 and someone sent me a private message that someone has this for sale.

He only accepted Zelle. I did not check the history of the person who recommended him

Sorry to hear. DIYvan.com is a great source for Thinsulate especially if you can pick up locally

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have some ocean front property in Arizona that has great views... I’ll make ya a great deal on.... yes sir ree!! Yeah bubba...

·
Registered
469 Posts

Can you file a claim through Zelle?

·
Super Moderator
3,463 Posts
Unfortunately there are some slimeballs who lurk in want to buy sections on forums, and then contact you with an email address of "a guy" who has just that item to sell cheap and the scam is on.

Anyone who gets a reply or message like that should do as @GapRunr said and report the user right away. Then we can ban then and their ip address goes into a database for scammers which helps us and others flag them when they show up again with another user name.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry to hear that. If that can you make feel better, you are not the only one. For everyone - ZELLE IS A BIG RED FLAG.
I manage this forum and we are fighting these spammers every day. It happened to one of our members recently. It takes serious effort from the forum admins to stop this.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You can't trust anyone anymore.
OT, but, I saw your sig line, and it got me curious. Sure enough, the National Brittany Rescue and Adoption Network is listed with Amazon Smile, too. That's where I got my Brittany. So... while I won't be signing up for your Border Collie rescue, your note is having other, positive results. I'm sure there's a whole lotta dog rescues people could sign up with, on Amazon.

In case people don't realize it, there are breed-specific rescues for all major breeds, where you can get great dogs at discounted rates, as compared to other legitimate sources.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
@webtravelver1200
If it was just for the value of the 10-15 ft of material you were looking, then the sense of getting screwed is greater than the $$. As my brother would say "onward".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts