Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice! Happen to have pics of the process?
Nope. I don't do phones. I just cut about an inch and a half off the bottom following the factory shape. Took 5 minutes. It's not mounted to the floor anymore but it sits there fine.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Nope. I don't do phones. I just cut about an inch and a half off the bottom following the factory shape. Took 5 minutes. It's not mounted to the floor anymore but it sits there fine.
How about cameras? Do you still have one of those? I use mine more often than the stupid phone, because I'm a luddite and just keep my phone in the van for when I might need it.

Reactions: dodger47 and mantan

·
Registered
446 Posts
Maybe draw a picture. You may have to go to the store and get some supplies.

·
Registered
2019 Transit 148 High Roof Cargo
24 Posts
To further on this post I've installed the Amazing Auto swivels on a 2019 Transit with the 10 way power/heated seats.
tngw1500se mentioned in the first post there was an issue with the bracket they provided to lower the parking brake. This may be the case for a 2020 but I can confirm it not a problem on a 2019. I had no issues with the bracket they provided to lower the parking brake. They have an instructional video on their website that is easy to follow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
To further on this post I've installed the Amazing Auto swivels on a 2019 Transit with the 10 way power/heated seats.
tngw1500se mentioned in the first post there was an issue with the bracket they provided to lower the parking brake. This may be the case for a 2020 but I can confirm it not a problem on a 2019. I had no issues with the bracket they provided to lower the parking brake. They have an instructional video on their website that is easy to follow.
The problem I had with it is it made me really bend the cable towards the rear of the van. I didn't want to force my cable back that far so I just lowered it.

Reactions: Vaniel Build

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have 2020 awd with a power outlet. was wondering if anyone successfully installed any driver side swivel, while keeping the 110v outlet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I also have 2020 awd with a power outlet. was wondering if anyone successfully installed any driver side swivel, while keeping the 110v outlet.
I don't see how. Pop the upper cover off the brake and then remove the lower. They both pull up to remove. There's just no room.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't see how. Pop the upper cover off the brake and then remove the lower. They both pull up to remove. There's just no room.
You can keep the 120V if you built a new housing/bracket for it by the e brake.
Or you could relocate it to say behind the driver seat. I separated the 120V wiring from the E brake wiring and was able to move the inverter to the battery box under the seat then the outlet did reach to behind the seat pedestal. You could def mount it there but may not look that pretty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can keep the 120V if you built a new housing/bracket for it by the e brake.
Or you could relocate it to say behind the driver seat. I separated the 120V wiring from the E brake wiring and was able to move the inverter to the battery box under the seat then the outlet did reach to behind the seat pedestal. You could def mount it there but may not look that pretty.
Honestly if I mounted it to the back of the battery box it would actually be more useful. Might have to go this route. Do you have any pictures of your invertor in the battery box area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Honestly if I mounted it to the back of the battery box it would actually be more useful. Might have to go this route. Do you have any pictures of your invertor in the battery box area.
I'm terrible at taking pictures when I'm in the middle of doing things. I have a few random pics but didn't take the time to document it very well and the images are low quality. I can go back and reinstall anytime but would have to remove the seat and swivel.....therefore likely not happening until I need a new battery.

Here's an image showing the inverter removed from the e brake bracket.

Here's the wiring of the ebrake and inverter once separated from the same wiring loom.

Here's the inverter in the battery box, battery is removed. I only have the single battery and the inverter could be placed in the open space on its side or flat. I can't confirm it would or wouldn't fit if you have the 2 battery option.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you have to trim the plastic trim for it to swivel?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts