Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This cargo van from Hyundai got spied testing just recently, it will rival the Sprinter. Since we now know Hyundai wants to get involved in the Cargo van market, I think it's only a matter of time till we see something that will directly rival the Transit and Promaster. It only makes sense to also go that direction, this will be interesting.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well the interior looks really really nice. They look to have done a great job with that.

The outside of this Hyundai van doesn't really tell us much with all that camo on it. I'm curious to see what the front fascia looks like, and I'm wondering if the sides of the van are just going to be plain sheet metal or if there is going to be any contours and design to it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Where are they getting this van from? It is a ground up design by Hyundai or have they gone the borrowed route like RAM and Chev?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are they getting this van from? It is a ground up design by Hyundai or have they gone the borrowed route like RAM and Chev?
I wish I knew, so far right now information seems to be limited on this. Im sure in the coming weeks and months we'll hear more.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
interesting.. very curious what engine and capabilities this will give over the price
As a company they have developed a reputation for offering more content at a given price. Basically more value.

Since it appears RWD and there isn't a large engine doghouse, I would guess a V6 engine to reduce length. Like Ford they have V6 with +/- 300 HP in auto tune, so maybe a little less for commercial use.

It's hard to tell from pictures, but I really like the proportions. The rear overhang seems well matched to wheelbase. Not too short looking like its cut off and not too long like Ford Jumbo.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ chance said it best, proportions are on point, reason why i like it so much off of looks alone. But we still have to see what it ends up looking like with all the camo off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts