Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered that the stock inverter, the one on the emergency brake, only has power when the key is on.

I want it powered all the time. Is there a simple way to do this mod? I think I may also put in a switch so it is off until I need it. I want to be able to charge things like a camera while I am away from the van.

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, that makes sense. I will do that and see if I can use one of the 4 switches as a shut off to the inverter. Shouldn't be to hard with a relay.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

· Registered
393 Posts
I imagine that the inverter is only powered while the vehicle is running is to make sure you don't run the battery all the way down. I would also be hesitant to make any changes to Fords electrical system.

The big question is what are you running off the inverter. It's great for charging phones or laptops while driving but at only 100w I don't think its very powerful.

Will you have a secondary battery installed to run other electronics? My conversion is pretty simple so I only have a 300w intverter planned for my house batteries. But I also realize that your inverter might be used in a wagon and there won't be a house battery system. Same goes if it's a work van.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.