Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to make a colour change to my van order 2 weeks after placing it. Been getting a bit of a run around from my dealer who's told me a number of things, but basically "no."

All my reading says I should be able to make a colour (no cost) change this early in the process, particularly as the van is not to be delivered to me till August.

Now today, they are telling me it has "been serialized and has a VIN" and no changes can be made.

The folks at the dealership are not very knowledgeable or helpful. Can anyone here fill me in on whether I can make a colour change at this point? I'm in the Vancouver, Canada, area. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Once you are locked in with a VIN, it is just about impossible to make any changes on your order. You might go to Ford Customer Service in Canada and inquire about it, but I know from past history it has been just about impossible to make changes.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wanted to make a colour change to my van order 2 weeks after placing it.

The folks at the dealership are not very knowledgeable or helpful. Can anyone here fill me in on whether I can make a colour change at this point? I'm in the Vancouver, Canada, area. Thanks.

Hello Dray2009,

As another Canadian that placed an order about a month ago, I'm curious when you places your order.

I'm anxiously waiting for my VIN and production date.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Dray2009,
As another Canadian that placed an order about a month ago, I'm curious when you places your order.
I'm anxiously waiting for my VIN and production date.
Cheers.
I placed the order about one month ago.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If you don't want that color you could cancel your order and order a different van in the future , then you don't get stuck with a color that you
don't want

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He will have to go with a 2018 model since the order built out for the 2017 is done.
Wait, what? You can cancel an order? I wasn't aware this was possible. Do I lose the $1500 down payment. What if, as suggested, I cancel and order a 2018 from the same dealer? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Ask RandomJoe about getting your deposit back from the dealer on a special ordered Transit. When his DSD Transit was put on hold and not even issued a VIN yet, he tried to get the dealer to change the order from a DSD to a single slider door. They claimed they could not even though he verified from Ryan Matt at Matt Ford that his order was in pending status and the dealer could change it.

RandomJoe reordered a HR with single slider from Matt Ford after his dealer in OKC would not change his order. The dealer kept his deposit and he still came out better with the special pricing he got from Matt Ford. You know about his upgrading on the HR Transit from his topics on this forum.

What happened to the DSD HR Transit van he ordered? It finally got built on 5/10/2016 and when the dealer got it off the trailer, they called him to let him know his Transit was there. By that time, he already had the Transit he ordered from Matt Ford and had done a few changes to it.

That Transit is still at the dealership for sale! The price has changed a lot since its arrival. The MSRP of $45,790 is now down to a selling price of $34,998. They still have his deposit so that is probably part of the reduced price!

Now if you are looking for a good deal on a NEW 2016 T-250 HR 148" WB Dual Sliding Door Transit with lots of options, I can send you to it and the person to deal with. The deal will be so good, you may want to send RandomJoe a $500 gift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts