Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016, MR, 130"
1,213 Posts
What kind of battery? You may be locked out by the BMS. Have you checked that you are getting power to the DC to DC converter? And out of the converter? Try hooking up the battery to a plug in charger and see if it accepts a charge.

Really, truly no offense but you have a bunch pf wiring no-no's in that picture. Once you get the charging issue sorted out you should look into correcting them as long term you may have issues.

·
Registered
2016, MR, 130"
1,213 Posts
No offense at all, this is my first time doing something like this. I tried to find a diagram to follow and found this one below. I figured I would upgrade in the future, but was just trying to get power to a maxx air fan, two outlets, and a few ceiling lights.
Start by testing for voltage as @harryn says to do. First thing is to find out how far towards the battery power is getting.

A couple of the things I see in that picture are unsupported wires and no loom. In a vibration rone enviroment those things will lead to problems. And potentially failure or even fire.

As to the Chinns battery I am not familiar and don't know how the BMS operates. I would be doing anything I could to jump some power in there, it is not good to leave them sitting that low. Do you have any access to a plug in charger that could be used to feed the poor things?

·
Registered
2016, MR, 130"
1,213 Posts
HArd to say what shape the battery is in. If this is the first time it has been run down like this hopefully it will be ok. How did the charger work out? Is the battery accepting a charge?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts