Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did use the interior framing strips. The manual says that it does have a fan only mode. Yes I believe, that I have the first actual adapter Hein made. Here is a pic of the adapter and a cardboard cutout that actual represents the size of the unit. . It could probably be shortened a bit,, maybe ad a little in width. Overall I am happy with it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Despite the time difference between here and there, China, I spoke directly with the manufacturer. As of now, I am told Recpro is fully responsible for the warranty. The manufacturer indicated they will supply parts as necessary.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I did use the interior framing strips. The manual says that it does have a fan only mode. Yes I believe, that I have the first actual adapter Hein made. Here is a pic of the adapter and a cardboard cutout that actual represents the size of the unit. . It could probably be shortened a bit,, maybe ad a little in width. Overall I am happy with it View attachment 138829
with it so short, will you be able to get under the edges of the AC to reseal the edges of the adapter in the future, if necessary?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stupid question: what is the purpose of the adapter? Does the underside have a slightly arched contour to match the roof?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Supposedly it does. I would like to see a cross section photo, if someone here happens to have one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
AC and Heat pump.

Don’t know about the exhaust fan yet.

Ks
Can you post a cross section photo of the Hein Houghton adapter for reference?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is all I have, since it is already installed. The adapter does conform to the roof. If I needed to reseal anything I would just remove the unit. Bolting it up was the easiest part of the install.

-greg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
This is all I have, since it is already installed. The adapter does conform to the roof. If I needed to reseal anything I would just remove the unit. Bolting it up was the easiest part of the install. View attachment 138833

-greg
Got it, Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Going to order the same unit. Could you show internal framing. I’m going to install AC in the same place as you did. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Can that model operate as:
  • Air conditioner
  • heat pump (for heating)
  • Exhaust fan (so no max fan required? )
Thanks

Harry
Heat pump for heating would probably only be good if you have access to shore power ?
Exhaust fan so no max air fan required ? Just curious. , how many amps does the air conditioner draw when running fan mode only ???

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Going to order the same unit. Could you show internal framing. I’m going to install AC in the same place as you did. Thanks!
We produce the adapters and interior framing system. The photo below shows framing for a roof vent but the AC framing is the same. The strips are machined to fit the specific bay where the AC will be located. For higher weight ACs and longer bays we recommend doubling up the beams going fore/aft along the sides of the cutout. The framing is bonded to the inside of the roof with 3M windoweld structural adhesive.

Also, the reason our outside adapter is quite large is to further distribute the load of the AC over a larger portion of the roof. We have sold hundreds of these systems with excellent results. The design is patent pending.

All the best,
Hein at DIYvan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Does anyone know who's van install this is in the Picture? And did they keep the factory headliner after the AC install?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
NO, not that I am aware of.

Reactions: Guri

·
Registered
84 Posts
Heat pump for heating would probably only be good if you have access to shore power ?
Exhaust fan so no max air fan required ? Just curious. , how many amps does the air conditioner draw when running fan mode only ???
Have to use shore power unless you have a large battery bank and inverter. In heating and cooling mode, it is rated at 14A or 1550W.

It has a fan mode but not an exhaust fan. It's recirculated air. I'm still installing a Maxx Fan for exhaust or intake and at a lot less power.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Have to use shore power unless you have a large battery bank and inverter. In heating and cooling mode, it is rated at 14A or 1550W.

It has a fan mode but not an exhaust fan. It's recirculated air. I'm still installing a Maxx Fan for exhaust or intake and at a lot less power.
Just curious , does it circulate indoors air or outdoor air ?
I assume indoor air but I may be surprised.
Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just curious , does it circulate indoors air or outdoor air ?
Indoor air. You can see the sealed chamber (white styrofoam) in this Advanced RV video where they do a teardown:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just FYI, I was testing the unit before install (don’t need a big hole in the roof if it needs to be returned). This was not a controlled test chamber at all. I was just running through the modes. Here are the ammeter readings I got in various modes:

ModeAmps
Off11 mA
Fan Low0.5 A
Fan Medium0.55 A
Fan High0.65 A
AC Compressor On10.7 A
Heat Compressor On15.9 A

Input voltage was 123.7V.

For the AC and Heat modes, when the compressor cycled off, the amperage reverted back the Fan mode.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts