Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
2019 lwb medium roof, as cargo as cargo can get (used to be). So does anyone know if the process in my thread title initiate's a factory alarm? Bought from the dealership. Last January. Any brainiacs with the answer?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
The 2019 is probably the same as mine, and you already answered your own question with the title of this thread. The one honk means it's locked and activated.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The 2019 is probably the same as mine, and you already answered your own question with the title of this thread. The one honk means it's locked and activated.
I'm pretty sure just locking the doors with one press does the same thing. The honk on second press is just reassuring you that you did, indeed, lock it. It wasn't long ago that every car honked with one press keyfob locking. That got annoying very quickly.

If I'm mistaken and the manual says otherwise, blame it on being distracted by the chapters of detailed radio use instructions.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
One press locks doors, but most don't hear them lock, especially if they have started walking away from vehicle. So the 2nd press gives you an audible confirmation.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
155 Posts
That honk is a huge pet peave of mine. Drives me nuts. I hit the lock button on my door on my way out and never hear a honk. I realize people love it from the amount I hear them going off, but if I was King of the world, horns would only be allowed to get the attention of an %&%$ driver so he see you give him the bird.

·
Registered
98 Posts
does the alarm get activated on the second press of the key fob?
First press locks the doors, then 2nd press activates the alarm and sounds the horn.

What I was told.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
That honk is a huge pet peave of mine. Drives me nuts. I hit the lock button on my door on my way out and never hear a honk. I realize people love it from the amount I hear them going off, but if I was King of the world, horns would only be allowed to get the attention of an %&%$ driver so he see you give him the bird.
I have the same dislike listening to horns. After a couple of Transit tantrums honking the horn and flashing the lights, I asked Ford dealer to only allow horn to honk when I press the steering wheel. He said sorry can not be done. I found the horn behind left side headlight and disconnected the wire. Now no horn noises. I do not use the horn when driving anyway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't have PATS or perimeter alarm and horn still honks on second push of the button. I just don't push it twice.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
The keyfob for my 2015 is poorly designed. I've often hit the "panic" button when just grabbing the key. I have disabled that button. Otherwise, I have never done anything to cause horn honking.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
does the alarm get activated on the second press of the key fob?
First press locks the doors, then 2nd press activates the alarm and sounds the horn.

What I was told.
suitcase,

Curiosity peeked my interest, so I went to my garage and checked. One push locks the doors AND sets the alarm ( dang that horn is loud in a closed garage :censored: ) 2nd push is just an audible for hard of hearing to know they locked it.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally a definitive answer! Thanks Leather Neck! yep I'm a USMC Vet too. 3rd Mar Div 92'-96' 0351. Carry on.....

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
USMC, what did you do to check if the alarm was on? Bust out a window? ;)

Thanks for taking one for the team!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
USMC, what did you do to check if the alarm was on? Bust out a window? ;)

Thanks for taking one for the team!
surly Bill,

Had this leftover bag of unpopped popcorn kernels and.....:whistle:

Semper Fi

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
time to get counting rain man

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
suitcase,

Curiosity peeked my interest, so I went to my garage and checked. One push locks the doors AND sets the alarm ( dang that horn is loud in a closed garage :censored: ) 2nd push is just an audible for hard of hearing to know they locked it.

Semper Fi
The owners manual would have told you just locking the doors sets the alarm. No noise required. Maybe a paper cut though unless you use the searchable pdf version. PDF version is best thing ever by the way.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
sportcoupe,

My 2015 must be different than your 2019. With vehicle locked, use of the key to unlock door triggered alarm as soon as passenger door opened. Page 72 is Guages no Doors and Locks section but it is covered on page 53.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
@USMC Vet did you switch the ignition on within 12 seconds of opening the door with the key? If so the alarm should have canceled per the owners manual.

I looked at your 2015 owners manual, "disarming the alarm" reads the same (below) except the lock page number ref is different.

·
Registered
98 Posts
2016 is also different.
Tried twice turning the key in the door. Once after one press, and once after two presses. No alarm.
Locked myself in twice. With one press and also two presses. Open the door with the door handle. No alarm.
Did not put key in ignition any of the times.

Tried once more by unlocking the door with the key turning. Then walked away from the van. So do not think it was a proximity situation when sitting in the driver's seat and using the door handle to open. No alarm.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts