Ford Transit USA Forum banner

161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
145k.

Giubo#2 replaced at 145k. First it was replaced under powertrain warranty at 60k. Replacement cracked-- replaced at 145k under warranty. Ford parts are warranty for 2yrs//unlimited miles.

Be sure to check your giubo folks--they crack every 50-75k miles. Should be a warranty replacement.

**The part is called a driveshaft coupler by Ford. Part#CK4z4782b**

Nate

·
Registered
539 Posts
145k.

Giubo#2 replaced at 145k. First it was replaced under powertrain warranty at 60k. Replacement cracked-- replaced at 145k under warranty. Ford parts are warranty for 2yrs//unlimited miles.

Be sure to check your giubo folks--they crack every 50-75k miles. Should be a warranty replacement.

**The part is called a driveshaft coupler by Ford. Part#CK4z4782b**

Nate
Were you charged labor for the 145k giubo replacement?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Both times $0.

Both powertrain and replacement parts warranty includes parts & labor. If you download the "warranty guide" from Ford it states this. If someone tries to charge labor (or deductible) you need to have a conversation with the service manager and/or Ford corporate

·
Registered
162 Posts
Be sure to check your giubo folks--they crack every 50-75k miles.
I was crawling around under my van looking for the infamous giubo and I don't think I have one. I guess Quigley made it go away as part of the four wheel drive conversion. If this is true it's a small plus for Quigley. FWIW. -F

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was crawling around under my van looking for the infamous giubo and I don't think I have one. I guess Quigley made it go away as part of the four wheel drive conversion. If this is true it's a small plus for Quigley. FWIW. -F
Yes, someone else mentioned that the Quigley conversion gets rid of the giubo. Since Quigley warranties the driveshaft after conversion, they must have figured that they don't want to keep replacing everyone's giubo!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Both times $0.

Both powertrain and replacement parts warranty includes parts & labor. If you download the "warranty guide" from Ford it states this. If someone tries to charge labor (or deductible) you need to have a conversation with the service manager and/or Ford corporate
Good to know, thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts

1. TPMS light on and I can't get it reset after last tire rotation. I tried the reset procedure(always a PITA) and this time I get two tires done and on the third I never get a chirp...even if I let nearly all the air out. Refill..try again..same result..I give up.
2. Will be changing air filter tomorrow...will let you know how it looks..am I still getting water in there.
3. On 3rd set of tires. Back tires are wearing faster than front so you need to rotate often or you will end up wasting tires(or replacing 2 tires). Also, recommended tire pressure is a little high in rear..more wear in center of tread. If you don't haul, you might consider lower pressure. Also will soften up ride a bit.
4. Guibo#3-- still looks good(last replacement at 145k)
5. Still original brakes..front and rear. No grinding or squel..no loss of brake performance. Dealer says they still look good.
6. a few rattles..but not bad. Also, I am getting a more pronounced whine under moderate acceleration. Sound like am radio whine but from under hood. Maybe a turbo? But no loss of performance and it is only hit or miss. Does change pitch with acceleration...but do not hear at idle or if I rev the engine at park.

Also I get a groan from the rear if I put an extreme load on transmission. If it is full throttle accel...more pronounced if I am towing something. Hit or miss. Hope it is not a diff going bad.

Need to change transmission fluid, serpentine/accessory belt and rear diff fluid.

Radiator flush at 105k
Sparkplugs changed at 125k

Nate

·
Registered
539 Posts
When changing tires those 3 times were the TPMS sensors replaced? According to the description of the replacement TPMS sensors they are designed to last between 5-10 years or 100k. I wonder if one of the 3v batteries has gone caput on your sensors. You might be able to verify if you utilize a scangauge or bluetooth dongle w/ torque like referenced in another thread.

·
Registered
220 Posts
FWIW I did rotate the spare with this last tire replacement do that could be a factor. TPMS has never been replaced. They always give me trouble...since new...but can usually get them to reset after some work. (More trouble than it should be). What a pita.

FYI...just changed air filter(161k). It was dirty but dry. So the recall seems to have worked..no more wet air filter(fingers crossed).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nathan, I may have the same whine going on in the engine compartment, but without the turbo (3.7) Changes pitch, not heard at idle, etc. I'm only at 50k on the odometer. Sounds to me like its coming from the passenger side.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Recalls ??

Just bought the 2016 3.5 350

What are the recalls I should know of to check if they were done before I bought?

·
Registered
956 Posts

What are the recalls I should know of to check if they were done before I bought?
My 2nd! I just picked up a 2016 that I drove by all year before pulling the trigger. I am trying to ignore it but …………………….

·
Registered
220 Posts
The only recall I am aware of is the one for "water management". Basically, due to the air filter design...some allow water to enter the box and the filter gets wet. In theory, this could lead to rough idle, misfire etc...but I haven't heard of any on the board. The recall installs a gutter to divert water away from the box. The problem is hit or miss...the solution may or may not solve problem.

Other issues known-- driveshaft coupler (guibo) will crack at 25-50k. If left unchecked it will fail. Good news us usually it can be replaced free if charge under warranty. Easy to check..just stay in top of it with periodic inspections.

- some have had brake issues, pads installed incorrectly.

Overall though I think the transit has been good for most people with few problems.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

In addition to other items noted, side curtain airbag recall, for wagons. And, TSB regarding rear brake caliper mounts reversed on some vans. Mine are reversed, but, don't seem to be causing a problem. Letting 'em ride until the brakes do need service.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Good to know! I am under the (distance to PA from MN + odometer runup since purchase = <5000 miles) to get my full powertrain warranty discipline. My journey is right in the end times of winter (mid March)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes I just saw where you going to let the brake pads go. The rear brake pads will be gone between 10 and 15000 miles Ford will we replace and then do the work for free

·
Registered
45 Posts

Rear calipers
2016 models are having issues with the throttle position sensors
Because you have the turbo direct injection the issue with those are accumulating oil behind the valve. The fix is to put a catch can in the exhaust gas recirculation system
Transmission at 30,000 miles drop the pan and change the fluid only
10 x 60,000 miles drop the pan fluid and filter the every 60,000 miles there after drop the pan fluid and filter .. there is a check valve in the transmission valve body that will not allow the old and new fluid to recirculate in and out of the transmission. So we cannot flush the transmission even though Ford says they will flush only at a hundred and fifty thousand miles there seems to be issues. I got my information from a good reputable Ford mechanic on the internet and another local Ford mechanic

·
Registered
45 Posts
67k miles.

Guibo replaced by Ford at 61k miles(after much complaining by me).

Issues:
1. TPMS sensor fault...I keep getting "low pressure" warning for last 5k mi...but I check tire pressure at nearly every stop and they are normal.
2. New tires will be needed at about 70k
3. Homemade "umbrella" over airbox that will collect rainwater otherwise
Try resetting the system and the tire sensors. Turn the key on to the battery setting Press flasher button 3 times within 10 seconds then you will see on the dashboard telling you to go to the first driver side front tire then work clockwise from there reduce the air in the driver front tire until you hear the horn beep then go to the passenger front tire reduce the tire pressure until you hear the horn beep go to the rear passenger side do the same thing and the same thing on the rear tire behind the front seat that should reset your system. inflate your tires

161 - 180 of 212 Posts