Ford Transit USA Forum banner

181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
About the resetting the tire pressure monitor system. I was watching a video.Evidently these things are wireless. The transponder that talks to these sensor monitors is located at the headboard. Do you use any type of 12 volt phone charger or a wireless repeater. These items can interfere with the signal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any high mileage ecoboost transit owners? Just put a deposit down on a. 3.5 EB 350 lwb high roof. Are the 2017s pretty solid performers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
With regards to recalls there is also one for the seat belt buckles. This recall was only supposed to be passenger buckles, however, I just had my driver's seat buckle replaced for sticking. I'm only at 20200, and the issue has been ongoing alreast all winter. In case it could help anyone else this issue was only present on cold days. Such a simple thing took a couple trips b/c they couldn't replicate.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry I have been off the grid for awhile--

Still driving a lot..but not quite as much.

Van is at 174k..still alive and kicking. Just got back from a trip DC-FL-NYC-DC. No oil leaks, doesn't burn oil.

Issues:

--TPMS keeps giving me intermittent sensor "error"..all tires inflated to proper psi..annoying
-- Cracked windshield
-- Rear brake pads finally need replacing, they are at 2-3mm, front brakes still OK at 6mm
-- Will need 2 new tires soon...the rears keep wearing out faster than fronts due to load...can't keep up with rotation.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Sorry I have been off the grid for awhile--

Still driving a lot..but not quite as much.

Van is at 174k..still alive and kicking. Just got back from a trip DC-FL-NYC-DC. No oil leaks, doesn't burn oil.

Issues:

--TPMS keeps giving me intermittent sensor "error"..all tires inflated to proper psi..annoying
-- Cracked windshield
-- Rear brake pads finally need replacing, they are at 2-3mm, front brakes still OK at 6mm
-- Will need 2 new tires soon...the rears keep wearing out faster than fronts due to load...can't keep up with rotation.
Are the front pads original? Based on my wear rate I would not be surprised if they outlast the van, and my driving is short trips in hill country, not long flat highway miles. TPMS error could be a bad sensor and it could be interference from something like a GPS. I had that crop up again yesterday. Last time it was a knackered sensor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Front pads still original and OK. Rear pads original but very low(need replacement soon). Rotors look good.

It's a bad sensor that keeps going wonky. Sometimes I will drive no problem...other times it will give me error..sometimes cycling on/off during drive. no drivability issues, just annoying.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Any high mileage ecoboost transit owners? Just put a deposit down on a. 3.5 EB 350 lwb high roof. Are the 2017s pretty solid performers?

174k.

2015, 3.5 eb med roof.

With exception of airbox and guibo...excellent vehicle.

Just keep an eye on that guibo and get Ford to replace under warranty. :)

Nate

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree, the TPS receiver is supposedly located somewhere above the drivers sun visor (I have not found it yet). Not knowing that after I installed a 4 channel mobile DVR in the left opening in the overhead storage shelf and then had almost continuous TPS fault indications. The wires to the DVR were long enough to move it to the right hand opening which really helped. Now every once in a while when it is below freezing and at highway speeds I get a TPS fault. I mentioned it to the dealers service department who dismissed the DVR causing the interference saying I should bring it in so they can check it. Being it rarely happens I think I am wasting my time if it doesn't happen while they have it. They also told me the receiver was under the dashboard. Has anyone confirmed the location of the TPS receiver? Somewhere I read the same receiver is also used for the keyless entry which I believe since the DVR being on reduces the range of the keyfob.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
According to Ford, this is where all the TPMS related stuff lives. The computer is under the dash, but the receiver/antenna lives in the overhead shelf under the driver side storage bin. You can see it by popping out the bin. It's the same receiver as used by the door remotes. So once again we have empirical data indicating exactly why you should not consider taking your vehicle to be molested by a Ford certified idiot.

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I agree, the TPS receiver is supposedly located somewhere above the drivers sun visor (I have not found it yet). Not knowing that after I installed a 4 channel mobile DVR in the left opening in the overhead storage shelf and then had almost continuous TPS fault indications. The wires to the DVR were long enough to move it to the right hand opening which really helped. Now every once in a while when it is below freezing and at highway speeds I get a TPS fault. I mentioned it to the dealers service department who dismissed the DVR causing the interference saying I should bring it in so they can check it. Being it rarely happens I think I am wasting my time if it doesn't happen while they have it. They also told me the receiver was under the dashboard. Has anyone confirmed the location of the TPS receiver? Somewhere I read the same receiver is also used for the keyless entry which I believe since the DVR being on reduces the range of the keyfob.

Move it. I extended the wires on mine and put it about 3 feet back in the ceiling near the slider door. My phones and GPS do not interfere with it anymore.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, New Guy here. I am looking at a 2015 transit 250 med roof with 210,000 miles on it. Looks and sounds good. What should I look for?
also it has a working thermo king refrigeration system on it. They are asking $14,000 for it.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Ok, New Guy here. I am looking at a 2015 transit 250 med roof with 210,000 miles on it. Looks and sounds good. What should I look for?
also it has a working thermo king refrigeration system on it. They are asking $14,000 for it.

Your query might be better served by starting a new thread. This is for owners to post their high mileages.

In your new thread it would be useful to know a little about how you intend to use it. Someone hauling freight would want to buy a lower mileage van. Someone who will put only a couple of thousand miles on it each year, this might be a good fit.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Your query might be better served by starting a new thread. This is for owners to post their high mileages.
I was debating whether or not to tell him "don't hijack threads, start your own". Then I figured although he's not an owner, the fact of a 210,000 mile 2015 Transit "kinda" fits here if you squint.

181 - 200 of 212 Posts