Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
It is to make you aware of how much the Transit price has increased from the past year models. Most of the special ordered Transits at Matt Ford had MSRP prices in the mid-$40,000 range. With the added AWD and the NEW electronic packages, we have started out with the first delivered AWD Transit at $53,610 MSRP. We have had a few below $50,000 MSRP but as more buyers go for ALL of the NEW 2020 options, that MSRP level will be over $50K.

With just the AWD adding $4,700 to $4,950 MSRP to a base RWD model, that would put a lot of prior ordered Transits close to the $50K not adding any NEW 2020 electronics.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Just my options written down according to the info I got from you and Matt Ford.
Since I got you here; when should I place an order for a high roof if I want to pick it up at your dealer sometime around May to June?
Based on our last orders going for production, it is looking like about 75 days from order to build date. Then add about 20 days from build to arrival at Matt Ford (YES!!! It seems to take that long to get it less than 20 miles from the holding lots to Matt Ford)

So figure to order about 90 days ahead of when you want to get it from Matt Ford. If it gets there earlier, no problem other than when Transit buyers are looking for one, they may see the ad for it on the Matt Ford site and call for purchasing it. Ford places that on our site on their own thinking they can help sell it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
It is to make you aware of how much the Transit price has increased from the past year models. Most of the special ordered Transits at Matt Ford had MSRP prices in the mid-$40,000 range. With the added AWD and the NEW electronic packages, we have started out with the first delivered AWD Transit at $53,610 MSRP. We have had a few below $50,000 MSRP but as more buyers go for ALL of the NEW 2020 options, that MSRP level will be over $50K.

With just the AWD adding $4,700 to $4,950 MSRP to a base RWD model, that would put a lot of prior ordered Transits close to the $50K not adding any NEW 2020 electronics.

If you add 5 years of inflation compounded from the 2015 intro price, the increase might not be that much.

There is an upside too. Used vehicles will be worth more to people who really want a van, since they will be comparing with new prices.

As long as the Kansas City factory is running flat out with three shifts, Ford has pricing power.

If you are price sensitive and have timing luxury, best to wait a bit.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Probably been answered a thousand times, but no HID option on the Crew Vans?
HID lamps are available on the CrewVan and Passenger van....NOT on the cargo van which I have relayed to Ford and the Ford Transit Brand Group why they would not offer this option to the most purchased Transit.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts

Dang, hit me upside the head with sticker-shock why don't you! Inflation is a cruel taskmaster.

My van had a sticker of about $34k and I bought it for $26k with the mfg incentives in late 2016. It's good to know that AWD is only a 10% upcharge, hopefully there is a way to traverse the order sheet to avoid the expensive and nearly useless electronics when ordering AWD. Often in order to get something useful, like cruise control, it has to be bundled with something needlessly expensive like SYNC or 12-way powered seats.

·
Registered
23 Posts
HID lamps are available on the CrewVan and Passenger van....NOT on the cargo van which I have relayed to Ford and the Ford Transit Brand Group why they would not offer this option to the most purchased Transit.
Irritating if it can't even be ordered. FWIW, the Ford website makes it look like it can be ordered with the Exterior Upgrade Package. Again... I'm sure your ability to order it or not supersedes this... but irritating!

(and, yeah, it seems like we're /trying/ to find the most money we can spend... on a utility vehicle)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Transit looks to be following the F-Series trucks with the higher prices coming out with more of the electronic options moving over from those models. Some things I have went to Ford with came from options that were already on the Ford trucks. The Long Arm Power/TT mirrors from the Super Duty trucks is one option not on the Transit yet but may be a option for the 2021 model.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts