Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone else is seeing scheduling delays w/ the 2020 transit orders? I ordered a long, high roof, AWD, cargo van (ton of options) back in early November and my order is still sitting in an unscheduled state (UNSCH/CLEA). Chatting w/ my dealer, he mentioned that high roof transit production got pushed back to April? Does this sound right to folks? I've never custom built a new car, have always just grabbed something off of the lot, so this is a new process to me...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Do you have a body code to be more specific on what you have ordered?

Most of the holdup on the 2020 Transit are the Power Sliding Side Door and the Front/Rear Split View Camera.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Don't think the HR models are a problem. Here is what Matt Ford has lined up for build dates based on body codes.

R2X - Delivered 12/23
E2C - Built 1/16
E2Y - Built 1/17
W2C - Build date 2/3
R3X - Build date 2/5
R1X - Build date 2/18
R2X - Build date 2/18
W2X - Build date 2/24
W3X - Build date 2/24
S4W - Build date 2/25
X9Y - Build date 2/27
R3U - Build date 2/27

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Curious if anyone else is seeing scheduling delays w/ the 2020 transit orders? I ordered a long, high roof, AWD, cargo van (ton of options) back in early November and my order is still sitting in an unscheduled state (UNSCH/CLEA). Chatting w/ my dealer, he mentioned that high roof transit production got pushed back to April? Does this sound right to folks? I've never custom built a new car, have always just grabbed something off of the lot, so this is a new process to me...
There are a couple of Threads on the forum about owners receiving their 2020 HR's. Below is a link to one with pictures. Unless you have one of the items CVM has mentioned, your dealer is ...... ( there is an emoji here that I could have used, but decided to leave it to your imagination )
(n)

Semper Fi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmmm...well if High Roof ain't the issue then that's pretty annoying as the salesman is telling me that there was a ford bulletin about high roofs getting pushed out to April. That said, I do have the front/rear cameras on this build.

@CrewVanMan - Body code is W2X. Perhaps this is also an issue w/ having checked just about every options box that existed on this build...

@sportcoupe - If the dealer has blown by their allocation number, what would that mean for the customer (me)? Would they be left in a holding pattern until all other dealers have also hit their number? I was hoping to get the van BY April, not have it built in April...

·
Registered
11 Posts
We ordered our (R3U) High roof - Extended - AWD in mid-November. This week we received our Vin and the associated window sticker. Assuming no additional delays we are planning to pick it up in early March.
I have received my VIN for my order. How do I view the window sticker? Thanks

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
You won't see the online window sticker until about 10 days before the build date. It is created when the order is pulled for production of the body structure and the other associated parts are in line for it to be built.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Hmmm...well if High Roof ain't the issue then that's pretty annoying as the salesman is telling me that there was a ford bulletin about high roofs getting pushed out to April. That said, I do have the front/rear cameras on this build.

@CrewVanMan - Body code is W2X. Perhaps this is also an issue w/ having checked just about every options box that existed on this build...

@sportcoupe - If the dealer has blown by their allocation number, what would that mean for the customer (me)? Would they be left in a holding pattern until all other dealers have also hit their number? I was hoping to get the van BY April, not have it built in April...
Your salesman may be looking at this site for his information. www.donlen.com/production-trucks-ford.html
It is sometimes correct but each dealer's order group can override this information.

Note in my list there is a W2X body code and a lot of other HR models on that list.

Dealers with low allocation number have to wait for Ford to give them allocation for the higher level body codes which NOW are the AWD codes as well as the HR models. Your delay could be more from a allocation situation that the HR model. More than likely it is the Front/Rear Split View Camera that is holding up your order just like it is for a lot of our customers.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
One advantage of buying your high roof model from Matt Ford is once it is built, it will not have to wait for a long period of time for the special height rail car for shipment to the various areas of the USA. It has to go to a holding lot waiting for the rail car going to the specific area of the country where it is offloaded at a Regional Distribution Center and then loaded onto a flat bed truck or trailer for local delivery to your dealership. That can run from 30 o 45 days based on how many Transit are ordered for that region of the USA and how many local trucks are available for local delivery.

Deliveries to Matt Ford go from the assembly plant to a local storage lot, then are loaded on a flat bed truck or trailer..and it a few cases, the auto convoy trucks lower the complete rear section of the hauler and place the Transit on the back end of the hauler. You would only see this done for a very short trip down the road and there are a few pictures of this on other forum threads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts