Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell if a Transit has HID headlights? Do the lenses look different, or is there marking somewhere? Considering a used 2020 and trying to figure out how to tell if 1 has HID lights. Its on my must have list.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 148 Cargo M Roof AWD on order
187 Posts
I got HID lights on my order, the pictures below shows them well. BIg difference
over the stock lights

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side-view mirror Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is there a way to tell if a Transit has HID headlights? Do the lenses look different, or is there marking somewhere? Considering a used 2020 and trying to figure out how to tell if 1 has HID lights. Its on my must have list.

Thanks
HID's were only available as a $$$ option on Passenger Vans and the Crew Van in 2020. I think someone on the forum retrofitted HIDs from Europe to his Cargo, so unless it is his, don't expect to find a 2020 Cargo with them.

And for visually distinguishing them, if you Google (images) "Ford Transit Cargo Van", 99%+ will be with the regular lights, and not the one posted above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for a passenger or crew. I -think- they were only available on the XLT passenger trim, not the XL. Don't think crews came in a trim level like that. If I find one at a non ford dealer I'm trying to figure out how to tell them to check. Not considering a cargo.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a 2021 passenger XL with the HID headlights- they were a separate option for about $400 and totally worth it.

·
Registered
22 148 Cargo M Roof AWD on order
187 Posts
I'm looking for a passenger or crew. I -think- they were only available on the XLT passenger trim, not the XL. Don't think crews came in a trim level like that. If I find one at a non ford dealer I'm trying to figure out how to tell them to check. Not considering a cargo.
Finding a used 2020 Transit and also that has HID lights is going to be a very long shot
and the cost of used Transit is astronomical, I would seriously consider to buy new
custom ordered Transit

·
Registered
Ordered 12/03/21 - 2022 Passenger XL 250 148" Med. Roof. AWD Carbon Grey., build date: Jan 31
12 Posts
I ordered HID for my passenger XL 2022, As the post above stated, I don't think it is restricted to just XLT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts