1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Honda Element micro camper / 2016 Ford Fiesta ST 300whp
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Noob here from Arizona, looking for a van to convert

Currently camping in my 2009 Honda Element micro machine. With the raised platform I built, I have been able to fit a full size bed inside and a rack to haul my bikes which are the main 2 objectives.

I travel back and forth between the PNW and Arizona, I grew up in Tacoma and most of my friends are in Portland.

I haven't had much luck finding a van as they are just too hot right now, everything is top $$$ above my budget.

I just found a crazy good price on a 2019 T350 HT, extended, ecoboost but it has almost 250K!?!?

Do you guys think that is waaaay too many miles to consider? Condition looks excellent, pics below

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side-view mirror Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Sky Mode of transport Vehicle Fixture Building Ceiling Car Land vehicle Vehicle White Window

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
1,690 Posts
That's more miles than I'd tend to prefer... but, then again, if there's not much rust, I'd price out a replacement engine and transmission and rear-end - the big things - and weigh it appropriately.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, was curious about the van you mentioned so I looked around and found it. I noticed that the Carfax they have among the photos is for a diesel. Maybe a mistake or maybe something sketchy, but just figured I'd point that out just in case.

Best of luck with your search. I pretty much gave up on a used van and decided to go way over budget and just get something new cause used prices are crazy right now!

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Check the San Francisco Craigslist. There seems to always be unmolested used cargo vans on there. Also a bunch of so-so quality "builds" asking $100k with 50k+ miles.

·
Registered
2009 Honda Element micro camper / 2016 Ford Fiesta ST 300whp
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, was curious about the van you mentioned so I looked around and found it. I noticed that the Carfax they have among the photos is for a diesel. Maybe a mistake or maybe something sketchy, but just figured I'd point that out just in case.

Best of luck with your search. I pretty much gave up on a used van and decided to go way over budget and just get something new cause used prices are crazy right now!
I noticed that too, not sure why the carfax says diesel...

I think I'm leaning the route of just buying a new Van but at 14K this one is pretty tempting...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here is another resource for campers of various shapes and sizes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts