Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is this where the line forms for that Transit thing? No cuts in line? Ok, I'll just stand over here. I've been hearing about this awesome new van for... *looks at watch* ...about a year now. I hope to be ready to buy one in late 2015.

I prowled the MBenz Sprinter forums to see the cool things they were doing to their vans. I learned about the grief that comes from limited dealer support and overpriced service. Give me my Ford dealer any day.

I replaced my '92 Explorer with a new 2012 Transit Connect, and I really like it. It's a very cool little utility van, but it is just about "thiiiiiis much" too small. So I'm interested in the Transit.

I'll try to behave myself in line. Call me Rob.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!
Greetings and thanks for the welcome, Ted.

Today the first Transit vans started rolling off the assembly line in Kansas City. Now that the design is locked in production, there'll be less speculation and more information. Woohoo!

See you around in the threads.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Greetings and thanks for the welcome, Ted.

Today the first Transit vans started rolling off the assembly line in Kansas City. Now that the design is locked in production, there'll be less speculation and more information. Woohoo!

See you around in the threads.
You're welcome.

Thats what im looking forward too! Real solid information and real world info from real owners

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're welcome.

Thats what im looking forward too! Real solid information and real world info from real owners
Yeah. It's hard to find details in the vague promotional stuff.

Things I want to know - like:...

1) What does the hand brake look like? Does it interfere with installing some after-market seat swivels? And can I do that without the airbag blowing up in my face?

2) Does the roof have drain rails, or is it smooth like my Transit Connect with the dedicated threaded hard points for roof racks/awnings?

Sometimes its the stupid little things that keep me awake at night.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yeah. It's hard to find details in the vague promotional stuff.

Things I want to know - like:...

1) What does the hand brake look like? Does it interfere with installing some after-market seat swivels? And can I do that without the airbag blowing up in my face?

2) Does the roof have drain rails, or is it smooth like my Transit Connect with the dedicated threaded hard points for roof racks/awnings?

Sometimes its the stupid little things that keep me awake at night.
Exactly, basically getting information from multiple different sources is the ideal thing to do. Different information, different view points, etc.

Collaborate all of them and all of a sudden you become a PRO

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly, basically getting information from multiple different sources is the ideal thing to do. Different information, different view points, etc.

Collaborate all of them and all of a sudden you become a PRO
Quite right, ted.

I witnessed the Sprinter forums become immensely valuable for Sprinter owners. Hopefully the Transit forums will provide the same value for Transit owners.

Crowd-sourcing at its best. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts