Ford Transit USA Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Here is what you need to do. First, call Ford to be sure that Capital Ford entered your order via COVP and get the certificate number. If you have that certificate number, then just get with me and I can get your 2023 Transit for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here is what you need to do. First, call Ford to be sure that Capital Ford entered your order via COVP and get the certificate number. If you have that certificate number, then just get with me and I can get your 2023 Transit for you.
When I requested the certificate number from the COVP he provided me with a six digit number(474506). Does that sound correct to you?

He mentioned that was the "tracking code" for the 2022 van that I ordered.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
When I requested the certificate number from the COVP he provided me with a six digit number(474506). Does that sound correct to you? YES

He mentioned that was the "tracking code" for the 2022 van that I ordered. It gives certain information in a line item code for the order. Not the complete order.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's a relief. Thank you for confirming.

Hopefully others that have been disappointed with their dealership experience can call and ask for their own 6 digit certificate number from the COVP process and work with a different dealer.

I'll be in touch!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ford of Ventura, CA informed me that the private offer won't apply to my 2023 order with them since my 2022 order that was balanced out was with Capitol Ford in Carson City, NV.

The plot thickens.

I'd love to work with another dealership besides Capitol in Carson City as my experience with them has been pathetic but for $6,000 I'll be patient for a while longer.
Have you called the Ford marketing number and asked them?
We did that today and got our certificate number.
Hopefully they'll be able to tell you !

·
Registered
2021 Power Sliding Door that also has a van attached to it
563 Posts
I was shocked too at them saying I had a private offer after switching. But once I heard mine was balanced out I immediately called my dealer and had them do a 23 order but with AWD.
That may not work either, as my understand is (from other information posted in this thread) that in order to qualify for a Private Offer, the 2023 needs to be an identical body code. This means that you can't change the roof height, length, GVRW, or if it's RWD vs AWD. It has to be the same body.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That may not work either, as my understand is (from other information posted in this thread) that in order to qualify for a Private Offer, the 2023 needs to be an identical body code. This means that you can't change the roof height, length, GVRW, or if it's RWD vs AWD. It has to be the same body.
I changed body codes from my balanced-out '22 order and my new '23 order. According to Ford Marketing (they supplied the Certificate Number), I have the Private Offer attached to my '23 order. There's still some uncertainty so I'll believe it when I actually get the van and the Private Offer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So this has been something I have been working on for the last 2 1/2 months and with some of you making calls to Ford, things have happened. Let me quote the email I just got from Ford.

"Due to unprecedented circumstances with supply chain constraints we did not have enough allocation/commodities to build all of the 22MY Transits unscheduled COVP verified retail orders that were in the dealer order bank. We recognize the importance of taking care of these customers and are announcing the 2023 Model Year Transit Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer Program."

Transit Customer Satisfaction Private Offer

The Private offer amount is consistent for ALL eligible customers regardless of their 22MY order going to a 23MY.

The Private Offer going to the 23MY will be $6000

Eligibility
Customer must have an unscheduled 22MY retail order that was enrolled and approved in COVP prior to the previously communicated cutoff date of 2/18/2022 in order to qualify for the Private Offer.

There will be more details discussed later as we go through the rest of the Ford communications we have on this subject. You know I went to Ford with the $6000 offer and after a lot of talks with various people at Ford and the calls I asked forum members to do to at least get a private offer, we now have it!
Thank you for the info and the hard work! That's the least they can do for the people that have been waiting patiently and forced into a 23, I'm a month away from a year on my initial order. Lost wages and major inconvenience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am getting very confused...I have been following various threads here regarding an order I did in January 28th 2022 for Transit with adventure PKG. I have an order number and Dealer so when people started talking about balanced out vans for 2022, I called Customer support for Canada as I'm in Vancouver area. Crystal said it was balanced out...of course my dealer said nothing as they had no idea till I told them. Then they wanted to sell me vans that were commercial orders that were cancelled but had arrived...at heinously inflated prices...the first one was $10K over MSRP...that sold overnight, so the next one he tells me they want $16K over MSRP! So then I'm looking here and see that maybe I'd get a personal offer to build in 2023 order if I have a COVP (Customer support could not tell me what COVP stands for?) So I dont know if I have a COVP....I also do not know if it is applicable to Canadian customers. I dont want to go into the dealer until I have all my ducks in a row as my dealer wants me to re-order for 2023, but are warning me it will be $10K more expensive. So I call Customer support one more time with order # and dealer number and they now say it is "in process" and should be built...eh? The customer support person could not tell me anything else...said it was not balanced out...what gives? I've received no email saying what the status is so I do not want to go to the dealer and have them cancel my 2022 order so they can hose me more money for a 2023...can anybody help?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am getting very confused...I have been following various threads here regarding an order I did in January 28th 2022 for Transit with adventure PKG. I have an order number and Dealer so when people started talking about balanced out vans for 2022, I called Customer support for Canada as I'm in Vancouver area. Crystal said it was balanced out...of course my dealer said nothing as they had no idea till I told them. Then they wanted to sell me vans that were commercial orders that were cancelled but had arrived...at heinously inflated prices...the first one was $10K over MSRP...that sold overnight, so the next one he tells me they want $16K over MSRP! So then I'm looking here and see that maybe I'd get a personal offer to build in 2023 order if I have a COVP (Customer support could not tell me what COVP stands for?) So I dont know if I have a COVP....I also do not know if it is applicable to Canadian customers. I dont want to go into the dealer until I have all my ducks in a row as my dealer wants me to re-order for 2023, but are warning me it will be $10K more expensive. So I call Customer support one more time with order # and dealer number and they now say it is "in process" and should be built...eh? The customer support person could not tell me anything else...said it was not balanced out...what gives? I've received no email saying what the status is so I do not want to go to the dealer and have them cancel my 2022 order so they can hose me more money for a 2023...can anybody help?
I have had numerous emails twitter messages and phone calls with Ford Canada Ford USA and have still got nowhere with the same situation. However my order was balanced out and my dealer told me and i placed an order for a 2023 at the inflated cost of 10K more. My 2023 is due for build date of Sept 5 I believe the last build date for 2022 is this week. I am still in the process of trying to find out why Ford Canada are not offering the same private offer and I will keep perusing this even after my van is built. It appears they do not operate the COVP program in Canada according to my dealer if they don't have an allocation you don't get a van even when you custom order they still say its not the same as the US based COVP program.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have had numerous emails twitter messages and phone calls with Ford Canada Ford USA and have still got nowhere with the same situation. However my order was balanced out and my dealer told me and i placed an order for a 2023 at the inflated cost of 10K more. My 2023 is due for build date of Sept 5 I believe the last build date for 2022 is this week. I am still in the process of trying to find out why Ford Canada are not offering the same private offer and I will keep perusing this even after my van is built. It appears they do not operate the COVP program in Canada according to my dealer if they don't have an allocation you don't get a van even when you custom order they still say its not the same as the US based COVP program.
Did you not see this earlier (today) post? Ignore whatever the preview is and click through to it.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts