Ford Transit USA Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Keep in mind those who opted out of the PSD and are scheduled are now going to get a van.
Hopefully.
Those that are keeping the PSD for 2023 don’t have a van, don’t know when they will get a van, may not get the van, etc…
I know in my own case with the build and all the fun I’ve had in the past year that I’d rather have the van now and start the process than get it in the nebulous future. My van was rescheduled MANY times in 2021 and was finally built in late July and I couldn’t pick it up until late August due to all the schedule rearranging I had to do in my own life.
PSD is only one aspect of the van. It’s one that I like on my 2021 but it’s not the entirety of the experience. In my case I would rather have the van earlier and have no power door than wait who knows how long and have the power door.
I’m just trying to find a little silver lining in that cloud.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Okay, fair enough. So your van was balanced out, and you are getting the Private Offer. That's apparently as much as Ford is able to do (and good on them).

But that doesn't stop Ford from offering the PO to other people who also removed the PSD (with the knowledge that a 2023 would cost a lot more). Because that has changed and now a 2023 "could" cost around the same as a 2022 for those people if Ford extended the PO to them. The whole thing is a goodwill offer, so why not extend it to those people who Ford leaned on to remove the PSD if they have not taken delivery of a van yet?

Yes it will cost Ford some money. But if "not costing Ford money" is the goal then the whole Private Offer should be rescinded for best savings to them.

And too, it's not like those few 2022's we are talking about are going to be crushed; they will be sold to new happy buyers (easily) at the significantly higher MSRP that Ford is charging now vs. when they were ordered (that extra money going to Ford), so even Ford will make more money on them (and the dealer will probably do even better with a markup). I guess it seems like a win/win/win/win to me to extend the goodwill offer to those people as well.
Ford already has a set price to the dealer. If the customer does not take the Transit, it will probably be the dealer that gets more money out of the deal.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Keep in mind those who opted out of the PSD and are scheduled are now going to get a van.
Hopefully.
Those that are keeping the PSD for 2023 don’t have a van, don’t know when they will get a van, may not get the van, etc…
I know in my own case with the build and all the fun I’ve had in the past year that I’d rather have the van now and start the process than get it in the nebulous future. My van was rescheduled MANY times in 2021 and was finally built in late July and I couldn’t pick it up until late August due to all the schedule rearranging I had to do in my own life.
PSD is only one aspect of the van. It’s one that I like on my 2021 but it’s not the entirety of the experience. In my case I would rather have the van earlier and have no power door than wait who knows how long and have the power door.
I’m just trying to find a little silver lining in that cloud.
If you had a VIN and removed the PSD, you will get a 2022 Transit without the PSD. If your order was 'Balanced Out' and you either removed the PSD or left it on your order, then you have a chance to add the PSD back to your 2023 order or duplicate your 2022 order when not removing it.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
In my case I would rather have the van earlier and have no power door than wait who knows how long and have the power door.
I am 100% for people who dropped the PSD at Ford's request and Ford is building the van having the option to buy that van. And of course they do.

I am simply saying that I think Ford should also offer those people the Private Offer, since they dropped the PSD under the guise of "if you don't drop it you won't get a van AND if you order the PSD on a 2023 the van will be a LOT more expensive."

But this does not take away the fact that anyone who dropped the PSD at Ford's request and that van will be built would have the option to simply buy that van. Of course that should and does remain the case.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Everyone in this situation needs to start calling Ford about it. I have made my contact and waiting for a answer. More input to Ford directly may make the decision turn out the way you wish.
Is there a number to call Ford on besides the previous one where you just get helpful but relatively clueless people reading various scripts that vary in their accuracy?

·
Registered
2022 Transit AWD W2X, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
319 Posts
I propose that people who dropped their PSD’s and are getting the PSD-less van should also get the private offer to order a second 2023 van with PSD.
Shall we make a lot of phone calls and make that happen?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Isn’t that what CVM is telling people to do a couple posts above yours?

What percentage of those people would go through with the purchase on the first van (they are just going into production now, so a long way from the dealers lot), rather than walk and leave it to the dealer to sell to another buyer (with a ADM)?

But the whole point of informing buyers that the PSD was a constrained supply was to give people the choice to remove it and get a van (how many threads are here on the forum wishing they’d tell people so they could change their orders?). Are you saying PSD is no longer a constrained supply?

As far as Ford was concerned they got people the vans they wanted. This leaning on people/ultimatum stuff is all b’s; people should be responsible for the decisions they make. CVM was clear that just removing the PSD was no guarantee of getting your order fulfilled.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I propose that people who dropped their PSD’s and are getting the PSD-less van should also get the private offer to order a second 2023 van with PSD.
Shall we make a lot of phone calls and make that happen?
That is a nice offer, @oleknz. However, I think that's a little over the top, and I don't think it agrees with the spirit of the Private Offer. So I would say no.

What I think sounds fair is that a person who dropped the PSD under pressure from Ford (also "knowing" the 2023 would be much more expensive) -- and who has not taken delivery yet -- should be able to re-order a single 2023. Same as others who are getting the Private Offer. But then you would not take delivery of the 2022.

Or of course alternatively they could take delivery of the 2022 without the PSD and get no Private Offer. That's already possible.

But not two vans (one 2022 and one 2023) and not two 2023's. At least not IMO.
On the other hand if people want to call and say that those who dropped the PSD under some pressure - and with the knowledge that a 2023 would cost a LOT more - should be able to take part in the Private Offer IF they have not taken delivery of a 2022 van yet, then I'm all for that (y) That seems fair to me.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Shall we make a lot of phone calls and make that happen? YES.... understand that calls coming into Ford are looked at in how many calls and what they are about as far as content. When you call Ford about a Transit issue, that can go to the person(s) over that area and decisions can be made. That is why the Private Offer has come forward!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Since the private offer only applies if a customer takes delivery of a 2023 van, It would be funny if Ford intentionally pushes back "private offer" orders, and quotes "supply chain issues".
When is this going to end?

Before the private offer was announced people were insisting Ford was restricting production to force more buyers to re-order at the 2023 price.

Too much tinfoil hats around this place.

·
Registered
202 Posts
…Too much tinfoil hats around this place.
Really? I proudly wear my tinfoil hat while driving my minivan and will wear it when I get a Transit. I am personally offended that you 🫵 keep making snide comments about tinfoil hats. This is a Van forum! If you want to comment on tinfoil hats then go join a tinfoil hat forum. I am reporting you to the popo forum admin team 👮‍♂️👮‍♂️👮‍♂️

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. New here.
Tried to read all the threads about the private offer but have a question.

We ordered a passenger van 10/2021 which was balanced out. Our deal out in for the 2023 order. We finally got a build date and VIN.
(Though our order number and vin don't work on the tracking site, Ford customer service has been able to confirm our build date but said the tracking site does not work for them with our information for some reason)
The deal did confirmed this past week they got the email about the private offer and that we should be eligible.
However he said when he put our VIN in it didn't show anything. But he said that's likely because they haven't started building it yet?
I'm not so sure I trust that.
I plan to call Ford tomorrow but was just seeing if anyone else has had something similar happen?
Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The VIN won't show you anything about the build out until 10 days before the build date.

Ok thank you. I do recall seeing that posted but I wasn't sure if that would be why our dealerships manager was unable to see if we have a private offer attached.
At this point I'm so hesitant to trust that they did things correctly and that we will have the private offer so I just am trying to be as prepared as possible. His "yes by the wording of the email you would qualify" did not feel good enough for me lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is very interesting. We had read here that you could NOT change body code and still get the offer. Changing from 2WD to AWD (or reverse) does change the body code. And yet you are still getting the private offer....

Edited to add: Reading the actual text of the offer posted on Blue Oval Forum, I don't see anything about needing to order the exact same van, so there's that too:

Eligible customers must place a new 23MY retail order and take delivery of their ordered vehicle to be eligible for model year transition private offer. Vehicle sale end user name must match the customer name on the retail order or will be subject to chargeback.

I was shocked too at them saying I had a private offer after switching. But once I heard mine was balanced out I immediately called my dealer and had them do a 23 order but with AWD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you have a VIN for 22MY or 23MY? I talked to Customer Relations today. Gentleman there confirmed that I have a Private offer (linked to address, zip code, etc) but could not see a certificate number. Then I talked to my dealer (they had resubmitted my 22MY as 23MY on July 13th, which has been confirmed by Ford email and by Customer Relations that it is in COVP and currently shows Unscheduled Clean). Dealer told me that he can't see a Certificate in the system until Ford schedules the van for production and issues a VIN (SmartVINCENT is based on VIN ??). Both dealer and Customer Relations say that the Private Offer is good until January 2023. According the the details in the announcement: Eligible customers must place a new 23MY retail order and take delivery of their ordered vehicle to be eligible for model year transition private offer. Seems to mean that the Private Offer goes bye-bye if Ford doesn't get the van built and delivered by January. Sure hope the parts delays improve before then.

No still dont have a VIN yet. I was shocked that she offered a certificate number when I didnt even ask for it. I was more dumb founded that I had the private offer especially after changing the body code and adding options. But again its all irrelevant if I dont take delivery of the van before the cutoff for it January 2023.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ford of Ventura, CA informed me that the private offer won't apply to my 2023 order with them since my 2022 order that was balanced out was with Capitol Ford in Carson City, NV.

The plot thickens.

I'd love to work with another dealership besides Capitol in Carson City as my experience with them has been pathetic but for $6,000 I'll be patient for a while longer.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts