Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Here it is! Our influence worked and we NOW have a Private Offer for 2022 customers for your 2023 order!

7921 111
So this has been something I have been working on for the last 2 1/2 months and with some of you making calls to Ford, things have happened. Let me quote the email I just got from Ford.

"Due to unprecedented circumstances with supply chain constraints we did not have enough allocation/commodities to build all of the 22MY Transits unscheduled COVP verified retail orders that were in the dealer order bank. We recognize the importance of taking care of these customers and are announcing the 2023 Model Year Transit Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer Program."

Transit Customer Satisfaction Private Offer

The Private offer amount is consistent for ALL eligible customers regardless of their 22MY order going to a 23MY.

The Private Offer going to the 23MY will be $6000

Eligibility
Customer must have an unscheduled 22MY retail order that was enrolled and approved in COVP prior to the previously communicated cutoff date of 2/18/2022 in order to qualify for the Private Offer.

There will be more details discussed later as we go through the rest of the Ford communications we have on this subject. You know I went to Ford with the $6000 offer and after a lot of talks with various people at Ford and the calls I asked forum members to do to at least get a private offer, we now have it!
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
So this has been something I have been working on for the last 2 1/2 months and with some of you making calls to Ford, things have happened. Let me quote the email I just got from Ford.

"Due to unprecedented circumstances with supply chain constraints we did not have enough allocation/commodities to build all of the 22MY Transits unscheduled COVP verified retail orders that were in the dealer order bank. We recognize the importance of taking care of these customers and are announcing the 2023 Model Year Transit Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer Program."

The Private offer amount is consistent for ALL eligible customers regardless of their 22MY order going to a 23MY.

Eligibility
Customer must have an unscheduled 22MY retail order that was enrolled and approved in COVP prior to the previously communicated cutoff date of 2/18/2022 in order to qualify for the Private Offer.

There will be more details discussed later as we go through the rest of the Ford communications we have on this subject. You know I went to Ford with the $6000 offer and after a lot of talks with various people at Ford and the calls I asked forum members to do to at least get a private offer, we now have it!
Congrats 2022, errr, 2023 buyers!

Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Eligibility

Thanks! Is Ford planning on contacting us (e-mail, letter, etc.) and if so, when can we expect it?

·
Registered
74 Posts

Eligibility

Yay...great news!

Any word on them figuring out the priority for those of us that moved balanced out 2022MY order to a 2023MY order?

Gonna be hard to spend that $6000 if my 2023MY doesn't get built. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow. Incredible. Thank you Ed.

My impression of Ford has improved.

I communicated my gratitude to Ford via direct-message, Facebook, and Twitter. Seems only fair since I previously criticized them via those same channels.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some questions I have sent to Ford for verification....

If you have your initial order and COVP with a Ford dealer and want to change your 2023 order going to ANOTHER FORD DEALER, can you get the Private Offer through your other Ford dealer?

If you had a 2022 Transit order that had a VIN with the Power Sliding Side Door and had to have it removed to get a 2022 model Transit, can you order the 2023 model and get the Private Offer?

·
Premium Member
Waiting on a W3U, Ord 6/18/22...
186 Posts
Thank you for helping push this through, Ed. Your efforts are appreciated. Will be great to hear details on this and (hopefully) Priority Scheduling going forward. It makes the whole 22->23 thing hurt less.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this an email that was sent to all transit dealers? I.e. if I went to my dealer would they know what I am talking about?

Nice work spearheading this .

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you do not have a price quote from your dealer on the 2023 model, DO NOT say anything about the private offer. Some dealers may take advantage of this offer and charge you more than their normal price from the 2022 order. I know of one dealer who told his customer a few weeks back they were charging $5000 over MSRP for their 2023 orders even though they already had a 2022 order 'Balanced Out'

The Private Offer comes from Ford so the dealer does not lose anything from it, but they can take advantage of it and get some of that money for themselves.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo Thanks for sticking with the details to get answers to the below two questions from Ford.

Some questions I have sent to Ford for verification....

If you have your initial order and COVP with a Ford dealer and want to change your 2023 order going to ANOTHER FORD DEALER, can you get the Private Offer through your other Ford dealer?

If you had a 2022 Transit order that had a VIN with the Power Sliding Side Door and had to have it removed to get a 2022 model Transit, can you order the 2023 model and get the Private Offer?
(@Princess_Fluffypants note question number two!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow! Much appreciated, Ed. I did not reorder a 2023 with the original dealer. Instead, I ordered a 2023 through you and Crossley Ford. So, I'm anxious to hear the outcome of the 'switching dealers' issue.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

We recognize the importance of taking care of these customers and are announcing the 2023 Model Year Transit Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer Program."
And given that text/language, I do think we’ll get our priority builds.

It may not help those of us sticking it out for the PSD (or maybe it will because they’ve had time to build up a supply of parts with all the 22 orders having to abandon the option), but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts