Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to think I might NOT buy a new Transit this year at all. I had planned on going to put money down on a new one but I'm really thinking I will wait until next year or NEVER.
I'm planning on renting one for a week to see how I like it. I want to see what I get for mileage plus how it drives and such. Ford isn't putting out mileage because they don't have to, no crew package and those awful looking side moldings. I want more curb appeal.

Right now it just doesn't feel right to blindly buy a new Transit and have buyers remorse because my expectations are too high.

I really have to have a van for my life style and see no way around it. My last new to me vehicle I tried a pickup again and it just doesn't work for me. Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ford isn't putting out mileage because they don't have to, no crew package and those awful looking side moldings. I want more curb appeal.
The lack of a crew package is a big negative for me, too. I might be able to make a wagon work, but would prefer no rear side glass.

Morgan

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
The crew package might be a very late 2015-16 option. Has Ford ever said there's not going to be one available?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree the side moldings won't make the medium and high roof models look like skyscrapers but I'm getting the low roof..... I think, maybe. Todd

·
Registered
539 Posts
Always liked body moulding on vans like these, they look good and add more life to how they look IMO.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw one in person last week and boy are these nice compared to the Econoline. I just need to see a few at the dealerships before I can put one on my plate. Todd

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of my local dealers had the mid-roof in stock that was ALL windows. It's 70" from the cheap mat to the bottom of the roof rib. I figure I can stand still in a mid-roof wagon and so can most of my extended family.
I showed the wife the black and she thinks we could camp it in. Won't fit in the garage but I'm lean towards a 148" mid-roof in black, today that is. Todd

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just decided on the 3.7 motor over the 3.2 deisel. Now if I can get two extra rows of seats without buying the wagon package. ;)
I emailed an auto broker tonight to see what kind of price he can get me compared to the two dealers I'm chatting with.

·
Registered
241 Posts
on side moldings...
First thing my wife and i plan on doing if/when we have Van2? Drop it off at the local Rhino Liner dealer and RL any non-molded areas at/near rocker level. It just makes good sense to do this to vehicles for longevity. We had it done on our Chevy AWD and really like the look and protection it offers.

On black with windows...
WOWZER, total bling and looks nice! Though i think we'd regret it even in our mild PNW temps (i think we would roast in camp?).

Thom

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got back from the local Ford store and I saw a high roof, extended length with a diesel. Just came off the truck two days ago. They haven't even done dealer prep. It was white with the chrome grill and gosh dang it did it look nice. I'm back in the white color again and the high roof with the extended sure makes me rethink.
Maple Syrup.....
Next week the sales guy and I are going out on a date in the van to see what mileage it will get. Still thinking 3.7 with propane prep. Now with chrome grill and maybe high roof extended length. I can't get it in the garage anyways why not go big.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just got back from the local Ford store and I saw a high roof, extended length with a diesel. Just came off the truck two days ago. They haven't even done dealer prep. It was white with the chrome grill and gosh dang it did it look nice. I'm back in the white color again and the high roof with the extended sure makes me rethink.
Maple Syrup.....
Next week the sales guy and I are going out on a date in the van to see what mileage it will get. Still thinking 3.7 with propane prep. Now with chrome grill and maybe high roof extended length. I can't get it in the garage anyways why not go big.

Looking forward to ride and to see some real world MPG figures on a diesel, gonna get a low roof myself, thanks in advance

bbird

1 - 20 of 20 Posts