Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi New Friends!

Wow, you open my posted. THANK YOU! I'm completely new here and hoping I just found my treasure trove. My name is Lauren Davis, located in Austin Texas... I own an event planning company, Live the Dream Events + Design & Production, where I produce luxury social events. Right before the Corona virus hit, I was in the process of aggressively trying to grow my events company. I don't have a market budget, so I thought of a plan... what if I purchased a van for my events (because previously I was renting uhauls all the time), lifted it, did all this fancy stuff to it, did a lot of the build out myself because I am extremely handy with a power tool... and actually transitioned myself in to a full brand. I have a unique platform with events, fitness and body building, plus I am also going to start producing beauty content and videos, while selling this MLM makeup out of my van on the side. The past few months I've been aggressively hitting my social media platform to increase my audience and it's growing ... So.... whew! You still with me, friend!

What's my plan and why am I here? I would absolutely LOVE help sourcing all the materials I would need. In the pics below, is everything I'd like to do. My plan is to source all the materials, then have someone draw out my idea, like a 3D rendering or Sharpie Drawing? I dunno... just make it visually come to life..... I'll then create a brand content video on Who I am, What I'm doing, Where I'm going, and why they should sponsor my van... because I am literally trying to change the stigma of the pretty girl... I want to inspire all women to see the soul beauty in other women, not their appearance, and for all women to know they are the pretty girl. ... What current engagement rate is and what I can do for their brand. My dream and plan is to give Martha Stewart a run for her money. I want to be a Mega Brand and Enterprise... This Van.... She's just the vessel to start the journey...

My problem is I'm not really sure what all I need... Like what I radio deck I should seek.. or rims and tires, this is a big one... What can fit on my van.. how big of a lift can I go, how do I make that happen... who makes side rails, a 5th wheel for the back... If someone, anyone... could help me collect all that data... I can do the research on who I would need to contact in regards to possible sponsorship. This is a big ask and any help I get is appreciated! It would take me much longer to do all the research, rather than see if anyone wanted to help a little sister out!

I'd be eternally grateful and appreciated! I hope you and yours are health and well!

With Grace and Gratitude,
Lauren !

The Fabrics already purchased for seats

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Yeah, maybe someone will do all the work so they can get exposure and add it to their resume.
Or maybe they will do a trade for a life coaching session.
Or maybe for magic beans.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen Martha Stewart in a bikini. Not sure I'd want to. I'm getting mixed messages about what exactly this whole "pretty girl" thing is.

This isn't the typical SPAM we've been seeing, but free self-promotion and shameless begging don't seem like good things to have here. Maybe if it were broken down into separate issues she needs help with, omitting the glamour shots and references to her brand.

What she needs is a business that does this sort of thing to vehicles, but without a significant budget it can't go very far.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
To me, a van that designed based on "what radio, what rims, and what tires" will have the stigma of being an empty, non-functional object that looks good but serves no purpose. Fun to look at, but that's it. Staged glamor shots and beauty pagent photos would fit perfectly with this type of van.

On the other hand, if the van were designed around a specific purpose, like showcasing the DIY and construction skills of a strong female CEO, and being the mobile office of a creative and aggressive small business, then it might fit very well into the marketing strategies of many, many upfitter businesses that might be willing to partner with this brand by giving away or discounting service costs.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Grifters need to be socially shamed.
Let the post stay up so we can link to it as an example of the selfish, greedy narcissism of so-called "influencers".

I think the medieval strategy of forcing violators of polite social behavior to wear shame-masks for a few weeks should be brought back

·
Registered
281 Posts
What is the worst that can happen ? A woman "invades" a van forum and doesn't think about things the same way that men do?

Spend some time on IG and look at van build related stuff there. Fairly similar. Let's give her a break.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi New Friends!

Wow, you open my posted. THANK YOU! I'm completely new here and hoping I just found my treasure trove. My name is Lauren Davis, located in Austin Texas... I own an event planning company, Live the Dream Events + Design & Production, where I produce luxury social events. Right before the Corona virus hit, I was in the process of aggressively trying to grow my events company. I don't have a market budget, so I thought of a plan... what if I purchased a van for my events (because previously I was renting uhauls all the time), lifted it, did all this fancy stuff to it, did a lot of the build out myself because I am extremely handy with a power tool... and actually transitioned myself in to a full brand.

I'd be eternally grateful and appreciated! I hope you and yours are health and well!

With Grace and Gratitude,
Lauren !
Hi Lauren,

If you are looking for an electrical system "kit" this supplier can potentially help. That will save you some time and aggravation.

Getting sponsored equipment can be tricky especially with all of the business turmoil in the world.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What is the worst that can happen ? A woman "invades" a van forum and doesn't think about things the same way that men do?
What's the worst than can happen? She reinforces negative stereotypes about women. Fluff without substance Looking for someone to do her work for her. I’m probably 50 years older than she, and never was nearly the eye-candy she is, but by golly, I started with a bare van, designed and created a fully functional, well-built camper van just like you guys have done/are doing. I find her post insulting.

A woman "invades" a van forum? Since when did the van forums become male territory?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
She did buy a MR 148" WB Transit cargo van so at least she owns a Transit van while some forum members don't even own one yet. From reading her blogs and facebook page, she was looking for some help and guidance with building out this van. It is registered in Texas with a special license plate 'DREAMIN' that is not a regular plate and cost $95 added to the regular registration.

She found another Transit owner in Austin who may have directed her to the forum site. Let's see if she comes back with questions on what to do about building out her van.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
1,793 Posts
What's the worst than can happen? She reinforces negative stereotypes about women.
Her Facebook page actually has the line "Impacting lives to empower women by sharing beauty tips".

Holy crap.

@MsNomer - I remember you from my days on the Promaster forum when I was van shopping, and with what little I know about you I am 100% positive that you are a strong and intelligent woman, with abilities in the van conversion field that many men and women wish they had. I've admired your build and skills since the first day I saw your posts.

I started with a bare van, designed and created a fully functional, well-built camper van just like you guys have done/are doing. I find her post insulting.
^^^^. This is what an empowered woman looks like people. Not the "Little sister" asking for help, free design work, free products, and free research.

If Lauren wants to feel empowered, maybe she could start by reading and learning for herself, and learn how to do these things herself, or do like many men and women have done and hire Sportsmobile or Van Compass to do it for her. But showing up on here asking for someone else to do the research, do the design, help get free stuff, and do some of the work for her are the farthest thing from 'empowerment' I can think of. If this was a man posting the same thing, we would have already told him to get a reality check.

A woman "invades" a van forum? Since when did the van forums become male territory?
I think the use of the quotes shows that this poster was agreeing with you.

The sad thing is that like many disillusioned people on the internet, the OP hasn't yet realized that the concept of an "influencer" is not seen as a positive thing by others.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
The sad thing is that like many disillusioned people on the internet, the OP hasn't yet realized that the concept of an "influencer" is not seen as a positive thing by others.
It's actually becoming an insult or point of ridicule VERY fast. Yet some people behind the curve still think it's a "thing" and willingly describe themselves as influencers. That's like describing yourself as an attention seeking ignoramus and expecting people to admire you for it instead of laugh at you. And when they are called out on their narcissism, they say people are "shaming" them thus implying it's unearned and unfair.

Oh, it's well earned.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Grifters need to be socially shamed.
Let the post stay up so we can link to it as an example of the selfish, greedy narcissism of so-called "influencers".

I think the medieval strategy of forcing violators of polite social behavior to wear shame-masks for a few weeks should be brought back
View attachment 133817
Cone of Shame.jpg

1 - 20 of 65 Posts