Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 HR 250 EL came with a bag full of wiring harnesses and a relay that had never been installed. I have no idea what they are for - maybe something for the upfitter switches but my van does not have the switches. Google searches for the part numbers have revealed nothing. Here are the part numbers and a pic is below

kthk4v14a411ab
Hk4v14a411ja
Hk4v14a411kca
Hk4v14a411hbb

Any with more experience in the Transit out there who can shed some light as to what these things are for?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,282 Posts
The up fitter switches had a bag like that. There are 3 cables and a relay. The cables have connectors with 43, 21 and 6 finds on them.

I would guess that someone who also bought a van at that dealership that had the upfitter switches is missing the bag, and it ended up in your van by accident.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I wouldn't mind finding out either. I've got the bag of cables with the relay (although I should go confirm the relay). I think I read one of the cables is for the 33-E connector under the seat (I assume the 6 prong plug one?).

I assumed it had something to do with the modified wiring harness which I did order. I don't have the upfitter switches like the OP.

So there's at least two of us with that bag - did at least two dealers put the bags in the wrong van?

·
Administrator
2,282 Posts
I assumed it had something to do with the modified wiring harness which I did order. I don't have the upfitter switches like the OP.
Hadn't thought of that, but it could easily be for the modified wiring harness. I have both the modified harness and the up fitter switches so didn't make the distinction.

Page 142 of the BEMM published June 2018 has details about what each wire is for.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Thanks @ranxerox and @GapRunr. Ford no longer has the June 2018 version of the BEMM on their site. They only have the Sep 2018 version.

In the Sep 2018 BEMM, p142 refers to installing something called a tachograph which I assume is a Europe only device.

GapRunr, would you mind trying to identify p142 more? For example, on p170 of the Sep 2018 BEMM, I found a section "4.18.1 Special Vehicle Options (SVO) Harnesses and Aftermarket Kits" with a table of harness part nos and descriptions. Is that what you're referring to as p142 of your June BEMM? (the same page is 183 of the June 2018 BEMM).

However, the part numbers in that table don't match the numbers in OP's photo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I did find this today via a deep-dive here at the site.

https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com...-switches-working-3.html#/topics/40705?page=3

It appears that relay could be really nice! From the last post in the above linked thread

"The Hella 12V 30A YPN # 7293-2123 is the part i've desperately been searching for!!! It is the 2 pin relay bridge and goes in Relay 6 of the Upgraded Auxiliary Fuse Panel and makes switches Aux switches 1, 2, and 3, hot/live all the time instead of ignition hot. Searching for Relay 6 in the "Body and Equipment Mounting Manual FORD TRANSIT 2015 North America" gives all the information."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
It appears that relay could be really nice! From the last post in the above linked thread
It's not a relay, it's a fancy piece of jumper wire. But the jumper function is useful if you have the upfitter switches.

Did you find an explanation for your wiring harnesses in the BEMM?

·
Administrator
2,282 Posts
GapRunr, would you mind trying to identify p142 more?
Looks like page 134 on the September 2018 BEMM. I wouldn't necessarily think the part numbers would match. The number for the kit is probably different than the number of each individual part in the kit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you find an explanation for your wiring harnesses in the BEMM?
I did. From page 136-137

"There are 2 separate accessory kit bags availableto be ordered for use with the Upgraded AuxiliaryFuse Panel option, both kits can be ordered andsupplied with the vehicle as production fit or fromyour local Ford dealer (depending on the vehiclespecification). Accessory Kit Bag 1 is for vehicle ordered with Upgraded Auxiliary Fuse Panel lessTrailer Brake Module and Accessory Kit Bag 2 isfor vehicle ordered with Upgraded Auxiliary FusePanel with Trailer Brake Module.

Accessory Kit Bag 1:

•43 Way Jumper Lead consists of a matingconnector and 40" (1m) of wiring for the HighSpecification Vehicle Interface Connector

•6 Way Jumper Lead consists of a matingconnector and 27.5" (0.7m) of wiring for theC33H High Capacity Auxiliary Switch OutputConnector

• 21 Way Jumper Lead with 7 circuits consists of a mating connector and 27.5" (0.7m) of wiring for the 21 way inline connector. The 21 way inline connector is located behind the lower center console trim, see E244856. Refer to Workshop Manual 501-12 Instrument Panel and Console Removal and Installation or contact your local Ford dealer for access to the inline connector. The 21 way jumper lead with 7 circuits must be used when the vehicle is ordered with Upgraded Auxiliary Fuse Panel less Trailer Brake Module and less High Capacity Auxiliary Switches option. This allows the upfitters to have their own third party switches

• 2 Pin Relay Bridge – For vehicles ordered with Upgraded Auxiliary Fuse Panel with Switches- when the 2 pin relay bridge is fitted instead of the relay R6 (see figure E189518) the Aux Switches 1, 2 and 3 will turn from Ignition fed to Hot/Live at all times. For vehicles ordered with Upgraded Auxiliary Fuse Panel less Switches - when the 2 pin relay bridge is fitted instead of the relay R6 the 20A outputs (see figure E236206 - High Specification Connector Pin 1 and Pin 2 ) and the 40A output (see figure E233939 - C33-H Connector, Pin 1 ) will turn to hot/live at all times when fitted with third party switches

Accessory Kit Bag 2:

• 43 Way Jumper Lead consists of a mating connector and 40" (1m) of wiring for the High Specification Vehicle Interface Connector

• 6 Way Jumper Lead consists of a mating connector and 27.5" (0.7m) of wiring for the C33H High Capacity Auxiliary Switch Output Connector.

• 21 Way Jumper Lead with 16 circuits consists of a mating connector and two 27.5" (0.7m) of wiring, one wiring with open ended circuits (heat shrink) for the third party switches and the other wiring and connector for the Trailer Brake Module for the 21 Way inline connector. The 21 way inline connector is located behind the lower center console trim, see E244856. Refer to Workshop Manual 501-12 Instrument Panel and Console Removal and Installation or contact your local Ford dealer for access to the inline connector. The 21 way jumper lead with 16 circuits must be used when the vehicle is ordered with Upgraded Auxiliary Fuse Panel with Trailer Brake Module and less High Capacity Auxiliary Switches option

• 2 Pin Relay Bridge – For vehicles ordered with Upgraded Auxiliary Fuse Panel with Switches- when the 2 pin relay bridge is fitted instead of the relay R6 (see figure E189518) the Aux Switches 1, 2 and 3 will turn from Ignition fed to Hot/Live at all times. For vehicles ordered with Upgraded Auxiliary Fuse Panel less Switches - when the 2 pin relay bridge is fitted instead of the relay R6 it will turn the 20A outputs (see figure E236206 - High Specification Connector Pin 1 and Pin 2 ) and the 40A output (see figure E233939 - C33-H Connector, Pin 1 ) to hot/live at all times when fitted with third party switches

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I downloaded several from here - https://fordbbas.com/publications

It seems that they all have cover sheets that say 2015 BEMM no matter what year you choose. But if you look down in the lower right hand corner they have a publication date on each page. The one I found that text I cut and pasted has a pub date of 09/2018.

I have a brake controller so I have accessory bag #2 . Not sure what I am gonna do with it as I dont really need the switches. Maybe I will mount some driving lights on the bumper for the **** of it. But I have alot more to do on this van before I worry about the aux switches.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a screenshot of those pages...

·
Administrator
2,282 Posts
I updated my earlier post. I was looking at the Euro BEMM when I quoted the page number. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Thanks for the help, both of you. After way too much time, I FINALLY figured out my problem. @trikepilot's pages are not in the 4/17 BEMM nor in the Euro 9/18 BEMM. It's way too easy to download the Euro BEMM - don't do that - if it refers to left hand or right drive or FWD, it's Euro.

For reference (until the link goes away next week) search here. View More under Related Publications: https://fordbbas.com/vehicleModel/Transit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the help, both of you. After way too much time, I FINALLY figured out my problem. @trikepilot's pages are not in the 4/17 BEMM nor in the Euro 9/18 BEMM. It's way too easy to download the Euro BEMM - don't do that - if it refers to left hand or right drive or FWD, it's Euro.

For reference (until the link goes away next week) search here. View More under Related Publications: https://fordbbas.com/vehicleModel/Transit
Agreed, that was super-helpful. Time to read the BEMM. Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is a screenshot of those pages...
I know I'm late to the show but had a question and comment. I downloaded the 8/2017 BEMM and those kits are listed on pages 151-152. I have the brake controller as well and have package 2. I ordered the ambulance package. I did not see a listing in the BEMM for the additional wires included on the 21 way connector.

"21 Way Jumper Lead with 16 circuits consists of
a mating connector and two 27.5" (0.7m) of
wiring, one wiring with open ended circuits (heat
shrink) for the third party switches and the other
wiring and connector for the Trailer Brake
Module for the 21 Way inline connector." BEMM 8/2017, p152

Does anyone know what components the "third party switches" refers to in the above description? I assume they are particular components of an ambulance but I didn't see a listing in the BEMM that refers to which fuses they run through or the acceptable current for each wire.

·
Registered
108 Posts
updating this thread to say that
Hk4v14a411kca
This is the harness that people who have a trailer package, looking to install the OEM brake controller, who have found that no trailer brake controller plug exists under their cupholder need to complete their van.
It plugs in between the glove box and center console and gives you the trailer brake controller plug, all plug and play.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts