Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a used 2018 Transit that has the Heavy Duty Cargo floor. Wondering if anyone has used this as their flooring in a camper van. Seems very stable and sturdy and wondering if there is any downside to just using this instead of installing something else.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I used the stock flooring -
on top of that I put 1 sheet of 4mm ply -
on top of that I put cheapish carpet that can be changed
once it gets to dirty -- ( 2 - 5x6 FT )

Living in a van things are going to get spilled -

I went almost a year without spilling anything then in one
week I spilled coffee 4 times -- oops

to clean carpet I use a push sweeper like used in restaurants to clean up crumbs
works amazing well -

have had to replace one carpet so far
dropped a salid bar togo box - giant mess- ouch

·
Super Moderator
2,235 Posts
Go to the dealership website for Rob Sight Ford in Kansas City, MO and the 2 Transit vans in stock show pictures of the Heavy Duty Cargo Flooring.
Go to the dealership website for Rob Sight Ford in Kansas City, MO and the 2 Transit vans in stock show pictures of the Heavy Duty Cargo Flooring.
Since those pix won't be on their website after they are sold, I downloaded them:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Not a common option on a Transit but this dealer just happened to have 2 on the lot. There is 166 Transits nationwide with this option so if you want to see one in person, let me know your area by state and zip code and I can send you to the closest one for viewing.

There are some 2018 models still available so you might get a real good deal on one if it has the options you want. NO factory rebates left on the 2018 models so seek out the best price up front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts