Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,660 Posts
Rixen and Heatso appear to be companies selling the Espar products.

If you search on Espar or Webasto using the search box upper right you will get countless hits from people who have installed these products in their Transits.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too many using the Espar B5 Hydronic other than the Rixen. It's very expensive so I was more interested in peoples experience with the Heatso package compared to the Rixen system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I was thinking after reading all the posts. Over half the price of Rixen and it looks very complete. Ie could use just the Heatso with or without the water heater tank. Heatso gets good reviews as a company and I would be nowhere near Rixen to take advantage of their customer service if there was a problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way WanderingBison I've been checking out your instagram, following now! I'm waiting on my van and it's killing me because this is the perfect build time for me. Hopefully it'll be here in February but I get busy with work by March. Trying to pre plan and pre order as much as possible.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wow, that price is incredible.

Personally, I like this system better than most everything else for hot water.

I was looking at the new D5 recently and noticed that there is no high altitude option and that it was not recommended for regular use above something like 4000ft. Just something to consider or get further clarification on.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow, that price is incredible.

Personally, I like this system better than most everything else for hot water.

I was looking at the new D5 recently and noticed that there is no high altitude option and that it was not recommended for regular use above something like 4000ft. Just something to consider or get further clarification on.

There is a D or B5E that does not support the high altitude kit while the B5S does. Both are current models I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
By the way WanderingBison I've been checking out your instagram, following now! I'm waiting on my van and it's killing me because this is the perfect build time for me. Hopefully it'll be here in February but I get busy with work by March. Trying to pre plan and pre order as much as possible.

Thanks! Appreciate the kind works. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

I hope our paths will cross at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Seems kinda pricey to me. More so, if there are any plans to have a house battery/solar/inverter system. If not, this might be acceptable, though the 5 Liter hot water tank seems a little small for showering.

If you will have house battery power and AC (from an inverter) available I would suggest searching on the forum for the Russian source of the similar gas or diesel powered cabin heater for less than half that price. Then, consider a SioGreen quartz infrared on-demand water heater (under $200) if a 2KW inverter could be part of the build plan. Look in the build thread linked in the sig below for details on this water heater as an option to consider.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought one also. I am having a nightmare getting a comprehensive wiring diagram. Heatso has no terch support and no phone. In addition, the diagram they did send me doesn't have the correct colors of wires on it. Curt 415.785.3757

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input Travlin, I've been following your build! Looks great and lots of info! I was curious about the quartz water heater when I read your post. I'll be watching for updates. Also a mountain biker but with a family of four the bikes will ride outside!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rixen and Heatso appear to be companies selling the Espar products.

If you search on Espar or Webasto using the search box upper right you will get countless hits from people who have installed these products in their Transits.
Can you tell me where you go to see successful installations in N America of Heatso D5S kits?

·
Super Moderator
1,660 Posts
Are you asking for a list of installations of the Espar heater, but only for those people who bought it from Heatso? ??

Sorry, I can't help with that. Many people have bought their Espar and Webasto heaters from the manufacturer, from eBay, from Russia, from a local distributor, etc. Some people never even say where they got it. I did a search on Espar B5S and I did a search on Hydronic. In both cases I got threads with some information, and links to other threads both here and on the Sprinter site with lots more information. I didn't sort through them to see which ones bought there Espar brand heater from the one supplier you mentioned though I'm not sure why that makes a difference.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I ordered a Webasto heater from heatso, and it arrived without any packing list, webasto branded boxes, installation manual, or operation manual. There was a dent in the vent hose. And the thermostat was missing. I contacted them via email (they never answer their phone), and was sent an installation manual for a different product, no operation manual, and no comment about the big dent in the ducting. They did send on the digital thermostat that I had ordered and paid for.

I’m wondering if they actually order the heaters from Russia and simply forward them on with a small markup, which would explain why they would remove the installation and owners manuals before shipping.

I have not yet installed the unit, but so far not impressed with customer service or quality control. I could’ve achieved the same level of quality and support by ordering from Russia and saved about $200.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one also. I am having a nightmare getting a comprehensive wiring diagram. Heatso has no terch support and no phone. In addition, the diagram they did send me doesn't have the correct colors of wires on it. Curt 415.785.3757
Did you ever get this thing figured out? I am having major buyers remorse!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
If you only need warm water for a shower then a Sous Vide kitchen pot water heater works well:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a heads up about heaters sourced from other countries. We are a Planar (auto therm) dealer in Canada. The ones you can buy directly from Russia or Europe are NOT the same as the North American version. It has mostly to do with emissions. If you need servicing or parts, we most likely won't be able to help you. Same as the Chinese knock offs... Getting a lot of calls for new glow plugs..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts